HP ZBook Studio x360

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by ATIVQ, Apr 5, 2018.

1. xor01

xor01 Pen Pal - Newbie

zbook laptops are gone from my country HP online store... so probably there is some problem with zbook production.
    zbook x360 launched on April 2018... 2 months from now, the G6 probably launched (although not purchaseable yet) :)

2. alphag

alphag Pen Pal - Newbie

Argh! They (HP) missed their second revised shipping estimate (today).

I’m beginning to think this is a unicorn. I agree the G6 will be announced before they deliver this.

3. xor01

xor01 Pen Pal - Newbie

U receive ur laptop yet?

4. alphag

alphag Pen Pal - Newbie

Nope, new ship date is March 15, but I will no longer believe HP CTO estimates until I actually have a tracking number. When I log in to hp.com and look up the order it STILL shows a ship date of Feb 19!

HP can learn a few things from Apple in this regard...

5. gamefoo21

gamefoo21 Pen Pal - Newbie

Okay, I have used the XTU to great success.

If you want to set it to apply your undervolting at every boot, you simply have to set it to apply profile at boot. I've only had it not apply if the system crashed previously. Which is a good fail safe, so you can adjust the settings if needed.

The Studio x360 G5s stylus is compatible with the current HP Active Pen, which they've used since the Elite X2 1012 G2. It's just black coloured rather than silver. HP is still using the same AES tech it seems according to the Quick specs sheet.

Anyone have any experience with the Sure View panel? I'm curious about it, I'd risk it but HP decided to not give it an anti-glare treatment. 120hz is hard to say no to though.

The one review online I found with the Studio FHD was not kind when used in tablet mode. Said it was not great for writing on as you could see pixels and it was easy to deflect the panel causing discoloration. The panel was also super glare happy.

I'm basically set on the anti-glare Dreamcolour at this point since it checks the most boxes.

6. Billy Cantor

Billy Cantor Pen Pal - Newbie

A whole bunch of HP Support documents mention a "ZBook Studio x360 G6", but that may just be a typo. Or thinking ahead.
    https://www.google.com/search?q="hp+zbook+studio+x360+g6"

HP's cadence with ZBook Studio (since G3) has been 12-18 months between releases. Based on past experience, I would expect to see a new G6 announced around October, shipping somewhere between December and February.

If they'd give it 30-bit OLED DreamColor and a 64GB ECC RAM option (once 32GB ECC RAM SODIMMs are available), that would be one doubly-amazing machine.

7. xor01

xor01 Pen Pal - Newbie

any news on your Zbook order?
    write a review perhaps (if its already arrived) ?

8. alphag

alphag Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes, received and setting up. Have not swapped in the Samsung 970 EVO 2Tb SSD yet. The Dreamcolor display is gorgeous and bright.

I don’t plan on a review. I have managed to undervolt the i9 processor with Throttlestop and have managed seemingly minor gains in power throttling, using AIDA64 to stress and test. The battery life may be improved. Repasting with liquid metal is something I’m prepared to do eventually.

I wish they put the power button on the fingerprint sensor, but a minor boggle. Windows Hello has become much more useful/fast since my original Surface Book, so I don’t use the fingerprint sensor much at all.

So far so good.

9. Brian123

Brian123 Scribbler - Standard Member

10. gamefoo21

gamefoo21 Pen Pal - Newbie

The i9 was tempting but the lousy 1080 screen is a killer. Though HP locks out the clock adjusting.

I'd rather take the 8750H and P2000, at least you'll end up with similar sustained performance and cooler temps. That cache makes a ton of heat. Gotta remember that the P2000 is also dumping a decent bit more heat into it. Shame though the only sorta option there still gets the base model 1080p screen.

Dreamy boat option 2176M and P2000 but HP refuses to even make it a custom option. *grumble*

Marty likes this.