HP ZBook Studio x360

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by ATIVQ, Apr 5, 2018.

1. alphag

alphag Pen Pal - Newbie

Another recent user video review. That stylus not working well at all?! Maybe a calibration issue.

Marty likes this.
  2. xor01

xor01 Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes, that's why I customize mine with i7-8750H.
    I was going to get the i9, but after reading comparison at notebookcheck and watched several youtube videos, i decided its not worth the extra USD900.

anyway, I'm curious whether the Zbook Pen is the same active pen bundled with x360 Pavilion / Spectre / Elitebook.

3. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

His unit is clearly defective with dead zones on the digitizer.

4. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

I'm curious to find out if new past and pads will have a noticeable impact on your sustained performance in heavy use scenarios. Are you using this rig for 4K editing, or VFX?

5. nurbs

nurbs Pen Pal - Newbie

I ordered the i9. Not only is it rated at a higher clock, but it also has more cache. I'll definitely be repasting as well as doing a thermal test for you guys.

Something is incorrect or weird with this review. He says it comes with the Quadro P2000 and he ordered it FOUR MONTHS ago, but that graphics card wasn't available for purchase until last month.

He then continues to THROW the pen over his shoulder (@ 7min marker) and says he's not going to use it because it is broken. Dude, that pen is one of the main selling points of this machine.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
    Marty likes this.
  6. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Please also note the fan noise ramp as you record the temps. That's one things VAIO tuned amazingly well on the Z Canvas. I'm hoping HP will be able to pick up the mantle.

7. alphag

alphag Pen Pal - Newbie

Multifunction machine for office work, gaming, photo editing, hobbies (sketching), and video including 4K, but all amateur stuff. Not pro level stuff at all.

8. alphag

alphag Pen Pal - Newbie

My machine was set to deliver on Monday, but I have had zero notice from HP so that seems doubtful. An online chat was not useful in any way either. The sales rep said they would email me if there are any updates, but none yet.

9. alphag

alphag Pen Pal - Newbie

Another review from about a month ago:

Looks like they had the 600 nit dreamcolor display in glossy finish.

10. alphag

alphag Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone have shipping updates from HP? Only after bugging them about it over 4 chat sessions did I find out that they have some sort of part shortage delaying my order (which should have been delivered already). For this degree of aggravation they should upgrade us to the next generation of RTX GPUs. For all I know the Quadro RTX mobile GPUs will be out before they deliver this thing.

Also, they “cannot guarantee” order cancellation. Are these guys new to the industry or something? Sheesh....