HP ZBook Studio x360

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by ATIVQ, Apr 5, 2018.

1. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

stoneseeker likes this.
  2. tomin

tomin Pen Pal - Newbie

OMG, I just got the Zbook X2 but this looks gorgeous.

HP_ZBook_Studio_X360_Tablet_ME.jpg

HP_ZBook_Studio_x360_Tent_ME.jpg

HP_ZBook_Studio_X360_Hero_PInwheel_ME.jpg

HP_ZBook_Studio_x360_3QL_ME.jpg

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  3. Gosudesign

Gosudesign Pen Pal - Newbie

It does but personally, I'm happy with my ZBook x2 with batteryless EMR pen...haha - or maybe im trying to convince myself :)

Actually, I do prefer the detachable and not a convertible form factor too

WillAdams and tomin like this.
  4. etoons

etoons Pen Pal - Newbie

Im not impressed.. AES is satisfactory, but They should have included EMR.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

DRTigerlilly likes this.
  5. etoons

etoons Pen Pal - Newbie

I was a big fan of the zBook x2, since it had emr,..too bad they didn't do the same for this one

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

Tams and DRTigerlilly like this.
  6. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

MAN if this had EMR, it would be the machine from every one of my elaborate TabletPC dreams!!!! (maaaaybe the GPU could be a 1070 instead though)

nurbs and DRTigerlilly like this.
  7. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Just curious, is the screen aspect ratio not really on your wishlist for tablet features? The 16:9 aspect actually the primary reason why I am not getting the ZBX2 (my Z Canvas in 3:2, just is simply too balanced and nice in terms of overall form factor to give up).

In fact, the SB2 15" is currently the only tablet I am even thinking of upgrading too—and it's all because of that 3:2 area that is so freeing in both vertical and lateral screen space (whereas 15.6"@16:9 is not even 1" taller than my 12.3" Z Canvas):

[​IMG]

carnageX12 and thatcomicsguy like this.
  8. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

I guess I don't really understand this gripe in this case... If looking at your drawings of the canvas and Zbook X2 screens are accurate, your getting your screen you have already PLUS an extra inch+ of real estate to the right of it! Its like, why not?? You could throw menus over there and have more room to draw left of it couldn't you? General size and resolution are far more important to me than the aspect ratio, mostly because I can just tweak the applications windows and canvas to fit whatever portion of the screen I need to. If you want to draw on a 3:2 aspect ratio you can still do that... I never work in an application without plenty of menus or timelines open, so unless your always preferring fullscreen canvas mode with no menus or things open, your not stuck with the aspecta ratio of the screen or anything... bigger is better IMO, so for me at least, ZBook > Z Canvas.

Could be also because I work in film and mostly only ever work in 16:9 or 2.35:1 that it actually suits my needs more often than not too..

Marty likes this.
  9. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

That is actually how I prefer to work, maximal canvas with minimal toolbar (with any toolbar area doubling as bezel for the palm, using VAIO's nifty pencil board feature):

[​IMG]

Theoretically you're right. ;) However I find the brain is not so technically impartial; there's a subconscious effect exerted by the page boundaries.

Think comic panels: wide panels prime the eye for lateral movement or panoramic landscapes, whereas tall panels innately want to show buildings and skyscrapers. Having a neutral aspect ratio allows the mind's eye to wander and create without pressure exerted by the edges.

There's also the overall device dimensions to consider. The ZBX2 is wider not only in screen, but also in body from the express keys. So holding the device feels far different and especially awkward in portrait. You're effectively forced to use the device in landscape.

Contrast this with the holding SB clipboard, which feels wonderfully free and spacious no matter how you hold it. (Really! I recommend you hold it for yourself. I was pleasantly shocked to find I preferred the 13.5" to even the IPP12.9! :))

So my idea of the perfect tablet is one that is pleasant to hold and influences as little as possible composition and software UI. So, to my own surprise over the years, aspect ratio has become one of my top priorities.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
    dellaster likes this.
  10. xor01

xor01 Pen Pal - Newbie

I can't find Quadro P1000 gaming performance... anyone know how the GPU performance compared to GTX 1050 or even 1060?