HP Windows 7 Tablet with pen support? Sounds Interesting.

Discussion in 'HP Slate' started by Bronsky, Jul 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thegerg

thegerg Pen Pal - Newbie

The windows 7 slate will probably have websos dual boot and options for something better than an atom i would think

2. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Senior Member

highly doubt a dual boot with webos. They are two different devices.

3. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

If you squint one eye and turn your head just so when you look at the specs it sounds like a tablet version of the mini. I would bet it will show up right there along side the mini in both the retail channel and the business channel where the mini sits today.

4. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Played with my first IPad at a gathering this weekend. I really like the form factor of the IPad and, with a pen & W7, this HP might be just the ticket. Would like something a bit better than the typical 200nit display (270-300 will do). My dream use would be to receive PDF documents wirelessly, open them in Adobe Acrobat 9, edit or redline them and send them back. Add email, presentation and word processing for my perfect portable business machine.

Bronsky:cool:

5. Synergi

Synergi Scribbler - Standard Member

I think Windows 7 would make it a win. I think WebOs is going to end up like the iPad, full of useless apps when you need full, meaty programs to get real work done.

If they make the slate with Win 7 and a GOOD screen, I'm there. Since they are pushing it toward business, that seems to mean it will use better, more expensive upgrades.

Althugh, after iPad's base model came out using a IPS screen, I'm hoping the other companies don't think they can continue to use a sucky TN panel for these tablets.

6. Bronsky

It's September. Apple is anouncing the refresh of its Ipad to include video conferencing. There are cheap Android tablets everywhere. But, no sign of this HP Enterprise tablet. Whats up HP?

Actually, what's up Windows. Where are these W7 tablets that were promised? With the fall rapidly approaching and Holiday sales season on the horizon, I would think that HP would be, at least, anouncing these tablets.

7. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

The Win 7 version will be targeted towards the Enterprise similar to the 2740P which does not show up in the home/home office store. I would imagine that HP is not real concerned about the holiday season as much as it is concerned with having this business machine in the catalog and fully ready to go for Q1 2011. Businesses rarely purchase/lease in the 4th quarter of the year.

8. Bronsky

Hmmmmm. We always try to time purchases just before the end of the year for non-captial items but we are a very small business. Hope you're right on Q1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.