HP Warranty Suggestions

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by furquanatique, Mar 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. furquanatique

furquanatique Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi all!

So, I have the 'original' HP Touchsmart TM2 with the Core 2 Duo processor (which works wonderfully might I add) and I recently encountered an annoying problem.

There are two white spots on the screen that appear to be bright-lit holes, basically two white spots about 10cm apart with a glow radiating from within them. They definitely are not dead pixels, something is up with the screen/backlight.

HP offered to replace the screen (heck they're even paying for the shipping) with a turn-around time of 9 Business Days. Seems like a good deal to me since its under warranty.

Has anyone had any bad experienced with HP's Warranty Process, as in have there been additional problems encountered as a consequence of utilizing HP's warranty service?

Would appreciate the input! :D

2. pgh1969pa

pgh1969pa Scribbler - Standard Member

I think a few people had issues; you could search for these posts on this forum. Cosmetic damage due to repair. Failure to repair the original reported defect.

Since my TM2 is out of warranty, I'd fix it myself before I'd let them touch it.

3. Zimoich

Zimoich Pen Pal - Newbie

As with all laptop services. I would strongly suggest you backup anything important on you harddrive. In fact the entire thing would be best.

Even if it´s not software related, Service procedures most often include a clean swipe of the harddrive.

4. Agent 9

Agent 9 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Actually if you tell them you are keeping the hard drive on you; then they are fine with you keeping the drive. I have also heard a number of people say that they sent it to HP repair with no battery, and got it back with a battery in it (just saying)

If there is some kind of issue (damage, no repair, ect...) then just contact HP asap and tell them what happened (but be very very polite to them, don't repeat yourself too much, and ask to have your case "escalated" to resolve the problems you are having) In many cases they will send you a brand new unit as a replacement of your defective/ damaged unit (you have to insist on it, but they will eventually agree to do it for you; and you can keep your hard drive here as well, though the Tm2 has to be the same model as you have if you want the OS to work from the old drive)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.