hp warranty:power surge

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by lexcavaj, Aug 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lexcavaj

lexcavaj Pen Pal - Newbie

i had this accident just this afternoon and i panicked of course. i think its a power surge since i checked my charger and its now busted and wont work and my laptop wont charge even with my other hp laptop charger. now a question, i believe hp 1year limited warranty does not cover power surges, but does anyone know how much would it be for my laptop to get fixed?

OMG, now i realize the importance of accidental warranty!! huhhuhuhu!!

2. gordoncahill

gordoncahill Scribbler - Standard Member

Send it in under warranty. Don't give any details except for the fault that is occurring (ie no power. unit will not charge). It may not be a power surge at all and you may be spending money you don't have to. Let HP determine the cause of the fault. If they feel it was caused by a power surge they will let you know. Because one things for sure, if you say it was a power surge HP will charge you even if it wasn't.

Gordon

3. lexcavaj

ok thanks for the tip. yes,i already called it in.. hmm... if ever it is a power surge, what can be damaged in my laptop and how much maybe would those parts cost?

4. R1C47

R1C47 Scribbler - Standard Member

I think if it was a power surge, the only thing damaged should be the power brick, not the machine.
    I mean, it should have rectifiers and fuses inside to prevent things like surges from reaching the machine, unless bad engineering, but what do I know.

5. lexcavaj

phew, i hope you're exactly right. coz you know how a blue light appears when you plug in the ac adaptor even without the battery? mine doesnt even do that. :(