Hp Tx2z

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TX2 (N-trig)' started by crazytrain65, Jan 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazytrain65

crazytrain65 Pen Pal - Newbie

I purchased a TX2Z with window 7, despite the biased critics on here that said i shouldn't get it. I got the ZM-87 turion ultra 2.4ghz 320gb 7200rpm HD 4gb RAM and 2 6-cell batteries. Everybody has complained about heat. I have yet to notice this. It is at 68 deg Celcius right now. and while gaming earlier it didnt go above 90deg. I get a max of over 100 FPS with low setting on Call of Duty 4. I love this thing, One note is awesome to take notes with for college.

There is some wobble in Tablet mode, but that was easily fixed by small stick on foam pads from walmart on each corners. The screen has kind of a filmy texture but is only really noticeable on a white background, and if your looking for it. Seems to be good quality. Pretty solid machine. One little squeak i guess you could call it about the power button when i press on it pretty hard. but thats the only one.

But the real reason I made this thread is to find out if there is any useful programs for undervolting my processor, monitoring the system, etc. Any useful program suggestions are welcome!!! I have read some about the Processor throttling under load, But how do i know if it is doing this?

Thanks, John

2. feerof

feerof Pen Pal - Newbie

fyi, idle at 68 degrees is high.
    playing call of duty 4 at 90 degrees is high.

my tx2500 is running at ~50 degrees on idle and while on onenote or web browsing w/o undervolting the processor, and w/ win7 32bit. although the tx2500 is different, the components are about the same.

In other words, I would definitely do a clean install of win7.

3. crazytrain65

crazytrain65 Pen Pal - Newbie

4. Kyle Porter

Kyle Porter Veteran Moderator Senior Member

If you still don't think that is high, my 2710p runs at 32 degrees on idle, with a peak of 39 degrees.

So yes the units run hot, but if it doesn't bother you then no big deal :p

5. overfloat

overfloat Pen Pal - Newbie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.