HP TX2550ea webcam & buttons problem

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by flyingbug59, Feb 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flyingbug59

flyingbug59 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello Tech guys,

I have a HP TX2550ea just 1year. not a great product. quick buttons stop responding but I do not mind as i do not use them.

my main problem is that I was talking to a friend on skype video call. worked fine but Youcam popped up as well as quickPlay. obviously thes 2 software did not want to share with skype. and they just kill my webcam which is incorporated. I have no access to it. I downloaded and followed so many advice, and simple it does not work. I had a go at Youcam and HP driver it says the webcam is not there.

Any idea guys how to solve this Problem? I need to cheer up someone with my uggly face.
    Please help.

Thank you.
    Flying:confused:

2. Darkfrost

Darkfrost Pen Pal - Newbie

http://www.manycam.com/

Software that allows more than one piece of software to use your webcam at the same time. Haven't ever used it personally, but you might want to check it out.

3. flyingbug59

Thanks for the link
    I will give it a go.

4. flyingbug59

hello I installed "manycam" software but it hang at the end of the installation for hours while i was working
    I re-started the laptop and run skype "manycam" popped up and asked to test my web but no result.
    so I am still stuck.
    thanks

5. Tiezep

Tiezep technology enthusiast

uninstall youcam.

on my clean install of win 7 I can use skype perfectly and I plain jane don't have youcam at all.

my best suggestion is to move on to win 7 with a clean install. your pc will be faster and that will get rid of that OEM crapware like quickplay, hp update, and all the other stuff that nags at you altogether

otherwise remove youcam and quickplay

nothing bugs me more than crammed in never used software,
    -Tyler

6. flyingbug59

thanks a lot Tyler.

I think that is the only solution for me now, as I have tried all sort of things and nothing works. I will mone on window 7.

7. Tiezep

remember to backup your personal files like your pictures and favorites in your browser, and do a clean install of win 7.

if you just upgrade your vista installation (not do a clean install) then the problems you've had with vista will migrate to 7

also if your a student and have a student e-mail you can get the OS pretty cheap,
    -Tyler

8. flyingbug59

wow many thanks Tyler.

very good that you explain this otherwise I was thinking to do just an upgrade to take it simple.
    I have a dual boot with Linus Suse 10.
    woul Win 7 see the double boot and deal with it correctly?
    Thank for your help.
    Flyin

9. Tiezep

it shouldn't bother the linux partition at all, that is if you only format the vista partition on your disk.

however it will replace grub with longhorn (or whatever the new bootloader is) so you can't boot linux directly after installing

luckily a quick and easy fix is to use easybcd to edit longhorn to boot your linux partition

if using longhorn doesn't suite your fancy you can re-install the old linux bootloader with a opensuse live cd (don't know entirely how to do that but praying to google should help)

if there is anything else your iffy on I'm sure I can help,
    -Tyler

10. flyingbug59

thanks a lot Tyler,

I will get my hand Win 7 and if I get stuck I will call upon your help.
    Thank you ,

Flyin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.