HP tx2510us 2 problems

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by kLAcK, Jan 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. In_The_Music

In_The_Music Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi everybody. I've bought this magic device and very happy now.

First of all I install Windows XP Tablet PC Edition with all updates, and now everything works fine for me.

But I have 2 problems:
    1) I can't install driver for ENE CIR (I've tried drivers from Agashka and from Vista32 folder, but nothing works !!!)
    2) I can't install nero 8 on my notebook. At the end of setup I get BSOD and my computer restarts. After starting Nero Scout I get BSOD again. Can you explain me why?

Thanks for future help. Sorry for my bad english. I'm from Ukraine:))

2. cyberfish

cyberfish Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't have the tx2500 (I have tx2000) and I have never used XP Tablet (running Linux) so I can't help with any of your two issues :).

But can you post the message given in the BSOD? It often points out the device driver or dll that is causing the crash. If the BSOD flashes by too fast, you can disable auto restart somewhere in control panel -> system. Sorry, I haven't used Windows for too long to remember the exact location.

3. In_The_Music

As I read on other forums - the problem is with Nero Scout. I boot in Safe Mode and disabled it in msconfig. now All starts well. Today at work I`ll delete this part of Nero and I`ll try to use other programs from Nero.
    I`ll write he result.

But what to do with ENE CIR? Can someone give me a link to the IR driver for XP?

Nero working well.

What to do with ENE CIR?

4. In_The_Music

I don't know what's going on, but mi IR receiver works now. Device Manager says now that device is working properly, but my remote control still not working. Maybe I've missed to install something?

Any ideas?

5. castortray

castortray Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the same problem :(
    In Device Manager\Human Interface Devices I have only ENE CIR Rceiver and other stuff bot I don't have HP Remote Control HID Device.
    I tried CIR_ENE_v1.3.1_Vista and other stuff but still nothing.
    Everythink is working very well on my tx2500z with Windows XP Tablet but I still have one problem with ir remote pilot :(

any suggest ?

Thanks

6. HQ DJ

HQ DJ Pen Pal - Newbie

Question:

I just bought an HP TX2510us and I'm currently running vista... but I would like to run XP. Now from reading this forum it seems that all I have to do is get Windows XP tablet edition. And the only issue is the driver for the remote. What about the drivers for everything else. I know hp gives you the drivers for the quick buttons, but what about the sound card, blue tooth, memory card reader, finger print reader and webcam ?? Did you guys have to find the drivers or did xp already have them? Plus for the quick buttons if you have the drivers you still need some of the HP software to run the quick player (unless you were able to map the button to windows media center. Please let me know what you guys did.

7. kLAcK

kLAcK Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone figure out how to get the remote working? Thats the last thing I need for a successful downgrade. I have the driver installed in windows (as ENE CIR Receiver), but nothing happens when I press the buttons. I'm guessing some additional software is required?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.