HP tx2500 - Windows 7 is great but battery life is Horrible

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Yianaki, Feb 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alanjrobertson

alanjrobertson Scribbler - Standard Member

Ahh - to answer my own question, it seems like installing the IR driver does the trick!

2. Luthian

Luthian Pen Pal - Newbie

Didn't help me, the only thing that fixes it for me is disabling the fingerprint reader in device manager, but then I can't use the Biometrics that I paid for.... :(

3. be77solo

be77solo Scribbler - Standard Member

for some reason, the disconnect sound for me stopped after installing the Wacom driver from HP, or the IR driver which eliminated the only unknown device... so far so good, but no idea which did it.

4. dk0r

dk0r (x+7)² ≠ (x²+49)

The fix for me was to uninstall the w7 aes1610 drivers and install hp's.

5. Jor-dan

Jor-dan Tablet-Loving Student

I had a similar problem... make sure you install all drivers off the HP website.

For my computer, the problem lie in the fingerprint reader drivers.

To fix the problem of the plug-and-play sound repeating, I went into device manager (AFTER extracting the updated drivers, especially relative to the Fingerprint reader) and UNINSTALLED the biometric fingerprint reader device. I then proceeded to search for new hardware and made windows update find the fingerprint driver again... uninstalling it then reinstalling it brought up the digitalpersona updater, which downloaded the updates it needed, and then upon reboot the comp was fixed.

As for battery life... no idea what you're talking about! My 8-cell runs for miles on windows 7... make sure you optimize the power options... win7 will automatically (and from what i've seen, unchangeably) force the CPU to run at 50% power. It lasts me a long time, even watching dvds

6. Jor-dan

Jor-dan Tablet-Loving Student

However, back with the Beta I had an issue where I had to reinstall a couple times in a row because of partition security problems, but that's the only problem I've had with 7.

7. uglydude

uglydude Pen Pal - Newbie

I have just finish installing Window 7 (64) on my HP TX2530, everything seem to be working fine, apart from the Screen Rotation fuction, which doesn't do anything when I press the rotation button on the laptop, can any let me know which driver to download to get that function working again?

Also on my Device Manager there are 2 devices which doesn't have the right driver for, 1 is the Fingerprint sensor, the other 1 is an Unknow device (in it property it said 'Location - on PCI standard ISA bridge) can any tell me what device that might be?

Many thanks in advance.

8. miner

miner Scribbler - Standard Member

Install the HP quicklaunch software which should enable the rotation feature to work and probably take care fo the unknown device as well.

9. uglydude

uglydude Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello Miner

Thank you very much for the fast reply and your help. You are indeed correct, installing Hp Quick Launch fixed the rotation feature. I'm very grateful

I have also installed the ATI Graphic card driver and able to connect to my monitor. However in Vista, it seem to be able to recognise when I connect the monitor cable in and switch betweem the laptop displace and the monitor automatically, Window 7 doesn't seem to be able to do so. Does anybody have this same problem?

The 'Unknown Device' is still there, but so far it doesn't seem to be anything I need.

Many thanks in advance

10. joetheboy

joetheboy Pen Pal - Newbie

The unknown device might be the Infrared sensor. Install the drivers for it from hp website and you should be ok. Its called "ENE CIR Receiver Driver"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.