HP TX2500 Touch Issues with Windows 7

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by xaueious, Dec 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xaueious

xaueious Pen Pal - Newbie

I can't get HP TX2500 touch to work properly in Windows 7. In the Control Panel under Pen and Touch, I no longer see a Touch tab. I lost this somehow trying to install Wacom drivers. So I can't calibrate my touch. My touch doesn't work at the corners even though calibration is okay for it. I also can't bring up the keyboard with my touch input.

Can someone help?

I looked in here with no response: http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/showthread.php?t=28392

I installed the newest pen bamboo driver and updated Wacom Pen manually in device manager, but I was unable to find a good driver for the Wacom Touch device. I am pretty stumped.

A thread suggested changing the Wacom Touch to some sort of USB Input Device, but I have no such option in Device Manager.

Right now Wacom Touch is semi-functional as an HID Input Device. But it is not really good enough.

2. xaueious

Nevermind.

Figured it out.

Windows 7 default drivers for Touch work out of the box. To get pressure sensitivity, you must install the Wacom pen drivers. However the Wacom package contains touch drivers that do not work with Windows 7. Therefore you have to disable the Wacom touch driver by disabling the WTouch service and restoring the Microsoft Touch driver (Called 'USB Input Device').

After reverting to the Microsoft Touch driver, it wasn't enough. I had to disable the service Wacom Touch because it was causing some really strange issues. I think the Wacom touch service tried to steal focus of the touch screen instead of letting Windows 7 control it.

In short, clean your computer of Wacom drivers. Install PenTablet_521-6. Finally restore the Microsoft touch driver and disable the Wtouch service.

3. adam.mt

adam.mt Super Moderator Senior Member

Thanks for reporting back on your findings, quite likely will be useful for others too.

4. kingofmyworld324

kingofmyworld324 Pen Pal - Newbie

Everything seems to be working fine on mine. Win7, all updates, no manual driver download/installs. Pressure and eraser works in Onenote.

5. jacobdrj

jacobdrj Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the procedure. I will have to test this when I reinstall W7 next time for the near update to x64 and OneNote 2010.

6. xaueious

Ya but pressure sensitivity is screwed up with the default Windows 7 pen driver.

You will have a working pen with no pressure. If you use GIMP or any graphics software you'll notice this.

7. LagPoint

LagPoint Pen Pal - Newbie

Followed your procedure (after a tedious hunt to find the driver you mentioned - thank you for giving the specific file name, by the way), and it seems to have worked so far. I'm waiting for CS5 to finish installing, then I'll update this post with how Photoshop CS5 is handling itself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.