HP tx2000 Wacom Penabled Driver Issue

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by bharath999, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Supersonic

Supersonic Scribbler - Standard Member

Gordon:
    That's true but in principle it's always better to find out what the problem is, not just do a re-install because that's easier. Imagine if surgeons worked that way!

With my desktop I try and avoid a complete re-install because of all the settings etc. that would have to be re-done, multiple programs to put back, so targetting the solution is always the most efficient way in the end, even if the trail-blazers have to do the investigation and testing that the rest of us then just pick up and use.

But you were absolutely right in that a first sentence comparing the very helpful folks here to HP support is totally unfair! I'm sure HP support is way worse than people here - at least we care.

2. gordoncahill

gordoncahill Scribbler - Standard Member

Supersonic,

I agree with everything you've said. Surgeons do have a little more at stake though. Mind you if they *could* do a system restore and rollback your body to a prevoius state (say BEFORE you started smoking 20 a day) wouldn't that be wonderful.

Remember though that a system restore is not a re-install. It simply puts your drivers and programs to an earlier state and as such has no effect on your settings. It's kind of like the lazy mans (or womans) Acronis backup. I don't need to worry about my settings as all my machines have an Acronis backup stored away in case of disaster.

If it had been some one with heaps of time on the forums I would have let it slide or sent a olite PM. But I thought a first time poster, who thought to slam people who were only trying to help, deserved a reply.

Gordon

3. Sam

Sam Pen Pal - Newbie

I've gone through some problems with this driver and managed to make it work with some try & error, but maybe the procedures I made might help someone out.

I performed a clean Vista install, installed the swsetup folder digitalizer driver, but later, don't know why, updated to the Wacom's site driver, that, as you've probably read before, messes it all up.

I tried uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling the swsetup version, but it turned out that swsetup drive got me without eraser and poor touch recognition, whereas Wacom's driver got me writer touch and eraser, but the pen recognition messed up.

I realized that in the device manager there was a LOT of human interface devices, so I started disabling every one I could withou rebooting. After I disabled them all, I uninstalled the Control Panel software and rebooted. After reboot, for my surprise, it all worked ok, but since I didn`t have the CP application, I couldn't calibrate anything.

Then I installed the software from swsetup and, again, had no eraser and touch. Then again I disabled all HID drivers but the remote control ones, rebooted, and now everything is ok.

Even though this isn't a *technical* solution it's been working for me, so it might be worth giving a try.

Sucesso,

Samuel

HP Pavilion tx2510us

4. Euphorbium

Euphorbium Pen Pal - Newbie

I have thee same problem. Everything works just fine with default drivers, but adobe programs see the pen only with wacom drivers. After I install wacom drivers i cannot calibrate the pen and lots of other things doesnt work. Is there a way to make adobe programs see my pen without wacom drivers?

5. watchdog

watchdog Scribbler - Standard Member

This problem appears to be universal, I have the Pavilion tx 2500z 64 bit Vista OS, my pen is barely working at this point. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Wacom drivers repeatedly, the official drivers from HP (SWsetup folder and the download from HP), and the latest drivers offered for vista from the Wacom site. When I last uninstalled and reinstalled just the HP drivers I got the pen dot and the callibration working, but now the pen wont work with any of my graphics programs (Photoshop, Artrage, Manga Studio), the pen will freeze as I move it across the screen. I really need a fix for this, I bought this computer specifically for doing art on it.

6. watchdog

watchdog Scribbler - Standard Member

Searching around I found this page;
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/showthread.php?t=19246
    Now my pen kind of works, it flickers on screen constantly and it takes several tries to get it to draw a line in my graphics program though.
    None of the wacom drivers appear in the device controller anymore, I would like to reverse everything and go back to the HP drivers. Does anyone know what the reversal is of the above link?

7. chihping

chihping Pen Pal - Newbie

can someone with version of vista 64bit post the wacom drivers within their swsetup folder? My pen started having issues again and I can't get the touch drivers to work.

The downloaded drivers from hp's website is unsigned so won't install, and the wacom drivers from the wacom site is 'corrupt'.

Thank you in advance!

8. bharath999

bharath999 Pen Pal - Newbie

hiii im using tx2500 ,where can i find wacom drivers for multitouch sensitivity..