HP tx2000 Wacom Penabled Driver Issue

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by bharath999, Nov 30, 2009.

1. ScubaX

ScubaX Level 90 Mage Senior Member

Make sure in control panel/pen and Pen and Input Devices has under pointer options the 4 items checked for feed back, and the check mark for Pointer Optins -> "show pen cursors instead of mouse cursors....."

2. Draven

Draven Pen Pal - Newbie

Hmm, alright, checked that. Everything was already set to show pen feedback, but still only the normal mouse pointer shows. Now I would say I'm decently savvy when it comes to personal computer use knowledge, but iunno.

:confused:

3. 1Hz

1Hz Pen Pal - Newbie

I just updated my Wacom driver as well, and I have exactly the same problems. The passive digitizer also ceased to work after updating, so I re-installed the default driver, but now my pen is stuck with the mouse cursor, it has lost its pressure sensitivity, and pen flicks are gone. It is also very difficult to double tap, and right clicking is impossible now. Anyone find a solution yet?

Anyone reading this that hasn't updated their Wacom driver yet, DON'T do it unless you know what you're doing! The original driver is best.

4. ScubaX

ScubaX Level 90 Mage Senior Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  5. Draven

Draven Pen Pal - Newbie

Aaaaah!!! Fantastic! That worked. It's weird though, I browsed through the Wacom site myself as well, and selected drivers and went through the same process I thought I had done the first time I d/led and installed the first drivers. But this time I got to the same page with the same driver as you just linked. Installed that and voila, pen flicks and pen specific cursors are back.

:confused:

6. Scatterlogical

Scatterlogical Pen Pal - Newbie

Geez, you people are really helpful. On par with HP tech support I think. "Just reinstall, do a system restore, (but we won't consider what actually caused the problem now will we)".

Vegitas, I went through a heck of a lot of dramas with drivers when I got my TX2000 - not just the tablet ones, but video (had to hack the inf file to install latest nvidia drivers, since they won't provide support for chipsets in OEM systems, the OEM is supposed to - but they don't keep the lastest drivers do they), and HP quicklaunch refuses to work properly, we're supposed to be able to customize the buttons, but after extensive ferreting I've found several (quite obvious and major) errors (misnamed dll's, corrupt registry entries) that make it impossible for the software to work properly, so I think it's pretty apparent HP need to shape up their software support.

But to get to the tablet driver issue, there's a few things you need to do to get optimal possible setup.

First, you need to clean out all the tablet drivers you have. Touch, pen - uninstall drivers, then uninstall the software from control panel -> programs & features. Then, under '<userpath>\appdata\roaming', delete 'wtablet' (this will remove the calibration file which often gets corrupted).

Next, you'll need to reinstall the original HP tablet drivers, these will be in 'C:\swsetup\drivers\digitizer'. It's important to use these since this seems to be the only place I've found a working driver for the touchscreen.

Once you've got touch working (make sure wacom touch service is running in computer management too) you can get the latest pen drivers going.
    The most recent penabled driver version I've had luck with is 5.08-6 (can't recall exactly what the problem was with later versions, but I know there was a good reason I'm not using them, calibration issues perhaps?) - so track this driver down and install it.

Then cross your fingers, and reboot. If it's all working, you can calibrate touch, then pen. It's critical you don't use the pen on the touch calibration, this is what corrupts the calibration data. Probably a good idea to do likewise for the pen too.

Please note it's important that you do everything in order.

It's been a few months since I did this, and while I'm pretty sure I've remembered everything, if it doesn't work out exactly I do apologize - but this should at least set you on the right track with the correct drivers, and it's just a little trial and error to get it going. I suspect it may be necessary to manually install the pen HID drivers again after installation, but a little hazy on that since it's been a while.

Hope this helps, best of luck.

[edit]
    PS. As for firefox 3, are you running vista x64? If so, firefox is crippled by it, but I've had much success with an unsupported x64 version of firefox - google it.

7. rinkin

rinkin Pen Pal - Newbie

my tx2500s active digitalizer is no longer responsive to my pen. It acts like im touching the screen with my finger :confused: i always put it back in the slot in the laptop. Is a problem with the pen or laptop?
    also it came with spare 'leads' for the pen. how do i replace the old one in the pen with a new one?

8. 1Hz

1Hz Pen Pal - Newbie

This problem has happened before to other users including I. The post is here (though it's a tx2500, tx2000 and tx2500 are almost the same):

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/showthread.php?t=20133

EDIT: Looks like the two threads have been merged now, so don't bother clicking the link. I'm a little confused as to where the first and second threads start/end, :p

9. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

you use the ring included to remove the nib.
    Try reinstalling the wacom drivers from the Hp website. (NOT from wacom)

10. gordoncahill

gordoncahill Scribbler - Standard Member

People are only trying to help. Your comments are NOT appreciated. We're not paid. We're doing nothing more than providing alternative and you come on like it's our fault there's a problem to begin with.

FACT: The easiest way to fix up a dirty install or a dodgy driver update is to do a system restore. Who cares what the problem is. We were only trying to provide possible solutions on a machine that 1. we didn't break 2. we don't have in front of us and 3. we don't know what exact sequence of events led to the problem in the first place.

In the future you may just need the assistance of one of us.

Gordon