HP tx2000 Wacom Penabled Driver Issue

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by bharath999, Nov 30, 2009.

1. vegitas

vegitas Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello

I just received my tx2000 today and while working on it, installed the Wacom Penabled Driver Driver 5.05-7.

Now I cannot calibrate my pen. It doesn't respond at all when I tap the pen to the target. It seems like the pen is working, but I still can't use the calibration wizard.

Is there a solution to this? If not, how do I uninstall this new driver?

(on a side note, I have installed firefox 3 and it seems to hang up once in a while when inputting text into fields. I don't know if it's a firefox or vista business issue, since these little hangups might also have occurred outside of the browser. Is there a way to diagnose what's going on?)

2. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

Go to the device manager and delete it there, then reinstall the old driver manually.

3. vegitas

vegitas Pen Pal - Newbie

I can't find it in my device manager - there are two Wacom entries, but they look like they are both the old driver.

Is there a way to tell which is the newer driver?

4. dk0r

dk0r (x+7)² ≠ (x²+49)

Off subject. Separate thread.

Contradiction.

devman > device props > driver tab > driver version.

Likewise when I did a clean install it took several combination's of re/uninstallating the Wacom and HP provided drivers to get pen and touch working simultaneously.

Enjoy.

5. gordoncahill

gordoncahill Scribbler - Standard Member

Do a system restore if you've installed the new driver in the last day or two. It's quick and simple.

Gordon

6. vegitas

vegitas Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks. I'll see if I can do a system restore.

Is there supposed to be only one Wacom entry in the device manager?
    If so, I'll see if I can delete one and that might fix the problem. Both entries are exactly the same, with the same driver version (thus my confusion).

7. vegitas

vegitas Pen Pal - Newbie

A system restore did not solve this problem. The drivers are back to the original and pen calibration still does not work.

Touch calibration works, but I have to press really hard, whereas before I did not. No amount of pressure with the pen works with the pen calibration.

8. gordoncahill

gordoncahill Scribbler - Standard Member

Hmm.... It may be time to bite the bullet and do a full reinstall from the recovery partition. You'll have to decide if it's worth the time to keep trouble shooting vs the time a factory install and program reinstall takes.

Gordon

9. Draven

Draven Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi folks, I just bought the tx2500 the other day, and just now decided to upgrade the Wacom drivers. The issue I'm running into now is that the great little dot pointer for the pen has been replaced by the standard mouse pointer, and same goes for the circle icon that signified right click. Also, my pen flicks no longer seem to work.

Now, I love the increased sensitivity of the pen, but these two graphical changes are a relatively big deal for me, and the pen flicks are pretty nice as well.. Is there any way to get these back?

Thanks for the help!

10. Draven

Draven Pen Pal - Newbie

Does anyone have any idea that could help me?