HP tx2000 Tablet PC Release and Our First Look Review

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Tiffany Boggs, Jan 2, 2008.

1. mach5k

mach5k Pen Pal - Newbie

any thoughts on a case to solve the heat/use issue? I am waiting on my order, but am upgrading from a Fujitsu p1510d with Pentium M 1.2 Ghz and I have it in a bump case (fujitsu's term). Without it you would think that little machine is what powered the car in Back to the Future.

2. kureshii

kureshii Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Quick fix: Go to Control Panel (I'm assuming XP), Power Options, put it to Portable/Laptop. That aside, there's not much you can do with stock XP tools...

3. Ixidor

Ixidor Scribbler - Standard Member

Hey, does anyone know if on this touchscreen you still need to use your nail rather than finger? I heard it was more sensitive from a couple video reviews...but the demonstrators were sketchy. SO wish it was capacitive. Though, I'd get it just for the active wacom alone.

4. quantum

quantum Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The active wacom is 'active', as the name suggests, whereas the 'fingernail' issue is only on passive screens. You can't use your finger (or nail) on active only screens, but the tx2k has both an active and passive layer, so you can use both. The accuracy will be crap with your finger (as always) but great with the pen (as always with wacom).

5. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

If the tx2000 uses the same passive digitizer like the tx1000 (likely) you'll have to use your fingernails in order for it to register. However, if the tx2000's passive digitizer is more sensitive than the previous model it would be really something to test out and compare both tablets. :)

6. Rudegar

Rudegar Scribbler - Standard Member

" if the tx2000's passive digitizer is more sensitive than the previous model"

no you got it wrong it's to be more precise they ignore large presure areas and only respond to a narrow peasure point

but granted that since the active digi would be used for precise stuff the touch could be made less presice to be more finger friendly

7. Ixidor

I'm more confused now T_T. I'll be happy as long as I can use my finger (not nails) to navigate somewhat like capacitive touch, but with a little force. Since I've seen vectoring with the palm, I'll assume that the fingertip (no nail) will suffice. (since the passive screen on the previous model couldn't possibly have vector problems unless you tried really hard with more than one fingernail/stylus. the palm or fingertip would have no effect whatsoever!) Thanks!

8. Rudegar

Rudegar Scribbler - Standard Member

as i said they did it on purpos to make sure ones palm touching the screen
    while one was typing would not mess up the writing
    and such
    but with active digi one would not write unless it was with the active pen
    so hp messed up if they dident changed the touch layer calib

9. Imagicka

Imagicka Pen Pal - Newbie

Greetings...

My question is.... how good is this Tablet PC, and the TX1000z for drawing on?
    If I use a programme that is compatible with tablets... that recognize the pressure I'm using... do these Tablets recognize this?

10. Ixidor

Of course the 1000z won't recognize pressure at all, it is a black and white, pressure or no pressure recognition (with an irkfully high threshold). the 2000z very well might have pressure sensitivity already (with the wacom active digitizer) I wouldn't think you'd need to adjust much at all. My 2 cents.