HP tx2000 Tablet PC Release and Our First Look Review

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Tiffany Boggs, Jan 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pattertj

pattertj Tablet Tweaker

I agree with HP's processor choice. This tablet is being marketed towards students and minstream computer users who don't need tons of computing power and also don't want to spend more then they need for a computer. I feel that this tablet will help bring Tablet computing to the masses...

No one else I have seen sells tablets at Best Buy. They are a nationwide company and with a true multi touch tablet pc available for people to demo, it will help shine a spotlight on the capabilities of tablets and their usefullness. I feel the price point alone greatly outweighs the loss of performance from going with a C2D model to the people they are marketing to.

If someone can capture the masses with tablets they win. Consumers win too as this will help bring the prices down and the quality up as competition at lower price points increases.

I personally own a T4220 and if wasn't for refurbs on Ebay I wouldn't own it. As a student I originally bought a refurbished 14" Gateway because of the $800 price tag, but then upgraded to the T4220 for the size and weight differences on ebay for just under $1000.

I see this tablet as a step in the right direction for HP. It may not be everyones cup of tea, but it was definately not a mis-step by them.

2. Pudortu

Pudortu Pen Pal - Newbie

I think we need a M700 vs. Tx2000 Thread

3. key

key owner of the internet

Just in time. I was nearly decided on tx1000z before I learned about the passive digitizer. Now that tx2000 has an active one and few refinments I'm seriously considering it over c140xl. HP also has full service in Poland, unlike Gateway, what is also a great advantage.

By the way, how good is the tx2000's digitizer compared to c140xl's?

4. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Since it's Wacom, the pressure sensitivity is same as the C-140's except that it's 12.1" instead of 14". It's this part:

5. Rudegar

Rudegar Scribbler - Standard Member

the video card is not a power eater
    it's pretty only geforce in name it got no dedicated memory
    and is just a normal onboard video card but made by nvidia
    tests show it's only marginal faster then the ones from intel themselfs

so thats not the reason for shot batt and heat and noise

6. jared2

jared2 Scribbler - Standard Member

Tiffany,

Have you received a Toshiba M700 yet? I'm itching to place an order for either the HP of the Toshiba ;-)

7. jared2

jared2 Scribbler - Standard Member

Also, I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere, but I assume they didn't really take away the fingerprint reader and memory card reader did they?

Edit: Nevermind, I think I can see them in the pictures...

8. Foggg

Foggg Pen Pal - Newbie

HP tx2010eo TL-68 2.4GHz, 250 GB, a/b/g/n, Firewire
    HP tx2020eo TL-60 2.0GHz, 160 GB, a/b/g/n, Firewire (8 cell bat option? or a typo?)
    HP tx2010er TL-60 2.0GHz, 160 GB, a/b/g, 5 media cardreader

Choice of either Firewire or the card reader?

The nvid6150 is disappointing. Worse than x3100. This long after the AMD/ATI merger, I'd have expected makers ordering AMD's in volume to also be getting a package discount on ATI gfx. A "value" HD2300 (H.264 hardware decode for better videowatching bat life) would have somewhat future-proofed this thing.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  9. key

key owner of the internet

2gb max? Weren't they supposed to have 4gb limit?

My, that would be inconvienient with an integrated graphics card and vista combined.

10. nikecar

nikecar Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

[​IMG]

WTF? Rechargable??? Is this the line they are spinning to the masses? Hey look at us, we don't need batteries so its rechargeable!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.