HP TX1xxx

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Gautam, Apr 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spy007

spy007 Pen Pal - Newbie

.... i had a dream....

.... the HP TX1xxx series is undergoing a beautiful change....

.... can you say "Core 2 Duo", please? ....

.... and a "BETTER" touch screen system? ....

... 'till my next dream, friends, until my next "DREAMS" ....

;) ;) ;)

(ps: my "DREAMS" are forecasted by 3Q/2007)

2. idiscuss

idiscuss Pen Pal - Newbie

Too bad, I need a laptop now...
    besides, by 3Q/2007, shouldn't it be Santa Rosa, instead of C2D?

3. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Moved to the Off Topic section.

4. idiscuss

idiscuss Pen Pal - Newbie

Why is this off topic? I think very relevant for a lot of people who are trying to decide buy now or wait!

5. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

Santa Rosa is a update to the current motherboard, wireless, etc, but not the processor. There isn't any new processors being branded as a new processor, thus the Core 2 Duo will remain. There will not be a new product to succeed the current Merom-generation processors (C2D). There will be three new Core 2 Duo processors, namely the T7700, T7500, and T7300, that will support the Front Side Bus of 800 MHz - as explained below.

Santa Rosa, dubbed "Centrino Pro", Intel defines the Centrino platform as being the following: processor, motherboard, wireless card. For the Santa Rosa Platform, two of the three core components are being updated: the motherboard and the wireless card. Namely, the new motherboard will support up to a 800 MHz Front Side Bus, which I remember from a year ago that it was promised for the past Yonah (processor, motherboard) and Merom (processor) platforms, but was pushed back for the upcoming Santa Rosa platform. In addition, there is newer integrated graphics dubbed Intel GMA X3000, over the current Intel GMA 950. Next, the new wireless card will offer will support 802.11n; or Wireless-N technology, thus, effectively it will support the following: 802.11 a/b/g/n. In addition, Robson technology, or NAND support is coming with the new platform.

The name Centrino Pro, thus, will be called as the entire ensemble of processor, motherboard, wireless, etc - but still expect a Core 2 Duo to be under the hood, it's just called another name and can support the 800MHz FSB of this new platform, but still the same processor. :)

6. Gautam

Gautam Moderator

It's off topic since its an abstract venture into the world of prose/poetry. ;) :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.