HP TX1320US not powering up .. seems dead..

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by mustafaravat, Nov 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neogen

neogen Pen Pal - Newbie

I purchased an HP TX1320US tablet PC last year. It has been working fine for about an year. There are still 2 days left in the warranty to expire.

Now it seems that this laptop is dead.

Here is all what happened before it went dead:

7th Nov: there was sudden freeze.. everything froze for about 2 minutes.. it happened couple of times.. at time freeze was for 30 sec and at times it was for 5 minutes.. I saw that CPU usage hit 100%

I restarted the machine couple of time.. it started but the same problem..

then suddenly it refused to start.. with power on and battery

Whenever I slide the power on button.. there is less than a 1 second flash of the units LEDs and it powers off.

I disconnected the battery, power and left the machine for about 5 hrs.. tried starting again but no success..I have tried with and without wall power. I have tried it with wall power and no battery obtaining the same results. The power adapter is fine as it can power my other laptop pretty well.

For once it started.. I went to the BIOS checked and restarted.. but again dead..

Any clue what could have been the problem and what are the options to me.

:confused: :confused:

While searching HP forum I found this:

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1268501

2. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

You need to call HP or talk to HP support online ASAP, also look into extending your warranty, you have 2 days left to do this. We already have this issue covered in the HP forum as an announcement, but HP is yet to actually address the issue as a build issue.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. neogen

neogen Pen Pal - Newbie

I chatted with the support and they told me send the laptop for repair.. they will send the mail box. They gave me a reference number, which I have to refer while asking for pickup.

But, there is a problem. I am in India and I purchased this laptop from US. To get repaired I have to send this to US at my expenses.

I wonder if the problem is small, then I should get it fixed from some one else locally. Else I have to send it to my friend in US , which is going to be quite expensive...

A quick question, how does this entire mail support thing work..

4. DRTigerlilly

it would have been no different from talking to them, just that you type its just an online chat, but you are right if you are in India it will have to be sent to the US for repairs for warranty service.

More likely than not your motherboard is dead, which has been a common problem w/ your model if you get it fixed out of warranty all of that cost is going to be out of pocket, so either way you are in problems.

I'm not sure what to tell you to do.

5. neogen

neogen Pen Pal - Newbie

I have been told that the laptop is not under warranty and it expire on 24th Oct. The earlier agent has provided the wrong information.

Quite interesting the Laptop crashed just after warranty???

HP really #%@*^!$#%!@$

6. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

You said you got to the bios once. Are you able to get to the bios everytime now?

7. neogen

neogen Pen Pal - Newbie

Not now..

Earlier I was able to boot the machine in safe mode also.. But now nothing...:mad:

8. neogen

neogen Pen Pal - Newbie

Seems every one is facing problem with TX1000 series. While searching HP forum, I came across this thread:

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1268501

Interestingly, almost everyone experienced this kind of problem with HP TX1000 series. Most interesting part is that this happened with in a month after their warranty expired.

There seems to be some serious build problem with HP TX1000 series laptop..

9. DRTigerlilly

already covered in the hp thread in this forum as an announcement.

10. antihero

antihero Pen Pal - Newbie

RIP TX1120US...(after 14 months - ergo, no warranty)

I have just experienced a similar problem, except that mine didn't happen in stages..

Was working perfectly night before. Shut down. Next morning, wouldn't reboot. Get a bunch of LED lights flashing...and then it goes dead...no HP logo, no getting to the BIOS, no booting in safe mode, no ability to boot from disc (recovery discs are useless)...just a blank screen...

Based on my readthrough of various forums and sites, I don't seem to be the only one with this problem. Hear a lot about the problem not much about the solutions. Hoping to hear some success stories.

Anyone definitively know what the problem is? Is it a motherboard issue? Did my CPU finally fry from the known overheating problem (even though I undervolted)? Or is it video card issue? Or a combo of all of the above HP stupidness???

I'm just trying to way my options, so any advice would be helpful...only option I'm not considering is buying another piece of HP crap.

HP be should be giving me my money back - I've had nothing but headaches with this laptop - I spend more time maintaining and caring for it than actually using it...I hope someone nails them for their apathy toward people who fork over their hard-earned cash to them for their defective crap. Ok I'm done ranting...death to HP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.