HP TX1000z... With your powers combined...

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Speed, Feb 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. renaissanceman80

renaissanceman80 Pen Pal - Newbie

I can get a decent power life??
    Maybe?

So i'm wondering about joining the powers of the 6 cell and 4 cell batteries... Perhaps my google/forums search wizardry is sub-par... but I've been researching intensively for days and days and can't seem to get all the info I want...
    1. So... can the 6 cell and 4 cell be attached at the same time, or is it a swap-out jive?
    2. a) Even if they can't both be attached, what's the weight of both with the tablet? (i.e. total weight of my case)
    b) The tablet with just the 4 cell?
    c) The tablet with just the 6 cell?

3. Also... how does removing the optical drive and putting in the "weight-saver" affect these weights?
    4. and of course... what total battery life can I expect from a 4 and 6 cell mighty morphin' team?

2. Rudegar

Rudegar Scribbler - Standard Member

1 no swap and the pc will have to be on power or turned off to switch

3 it lowers the weight :)

4 depend on the powersettings you got alot of settings you can adjust like brightness and cpu stepping and.....

3. Speed

Speed Programmer + Tablet Lover

The 'weight-saver' does not reduce the weight very much at all.

You can only have one battery connected at a time - the optical bay does not double as a possible second battery container.

Your time can vary dramatically on how you use the machine and how you set it up. I've never really monitored mine, other than to know I get over an hour and a quarter, which is all that I need at any one time.

In the UK, you will be provided with both batteries.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.