hp tx1000 - Bringing in the charm of XP

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by ccfj1, Sep 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pcuser

pcuser Pen Pal - Newbie

Not sure if you have got the right driver for TX1220 as I could not find any from HP site for XP...you could try this set of drivers from http://skyjuiceiswater.blogspot.com/2007/12/dual-booting-hp-tx1209-tablet-notebook.html in the driver section). Though it is actually for TX1209.. should work also for other TX1000 series..there is one specially written for realtek sound ... to install, go to add hardware in Control Panel and the wizard will tell you that you have missing sound driver... point the wizard to the unzipped realtek driver.. it should find the driver automatically to upload...
    Should you still have problem... may be you will have to doubleclick the Question mark on PCI Device, go to the Detail Tab, let us know what you have found there.. there should be some identification ids, hardware ids or device instance ids..

2. highlight

highlight Pen Pal - Newbie

Thx all for putting the XP driver together, especially the help on Pivot software which enables my rotation button. Now I have a fully functioning tx1000z with XP SP2!

I still have problem with my vista (might be off topic since this is a XP thread). I reinstalled a clean vista home premium to get rid of the HP bloatware but now again, the rotation button doesn't work anymore. So I tried installing the Pivot 7.68 software on Vista hoping that will also work. But everytime after restarting from initial installation of pivot 7.68 a window pops out saying "Your configuration has changed. Please re-install Pivot software." I tried the buttons and it still doesn't work. Anyone has a solution to have the rotation button to work on clean Vista? Appreciate any help.

3. pcuser

pcuser Pen Pal - Newbie

Haven't got this problem.. there were complaints that the buttons won't work after users download new NVIDIA drivers from HP sites and work again when they use the old driver from the recovery disk.....there were others who said they have upgraded to Business Vista and found button not working and had to reload the HP quick launch button software to make the button functional again...you may want to try to resolve from that lead.

4. Allinal

Allinal Pen Pal - Newbie

Thnx :

Everybody that's been involved in this labour of love.Having endured the expected - unexpectedness of installing xp tabl, I finally got there, but I think I sank my vista in the dual boot quagmire (No great loe-loss there really). It is blazing really, but the only thing that baffles me is the pivot thing , it doesn't seem to do much ! Btw, the easle, while not as elegant as that of vista, is truly responsive, exhibiting none of the laggings of vista. And if you write in another language, it has a single character pad that is absolutely a treat.
    All in all , XP is a bit coarse but speedy, and vista is elegant but crawls.
    I will post any other gems I find on the way, hv no idea a new tablet is so much fun.

5. zze86

zze86 Pen Pal - Newbie

Just ordered my TX1000 a few days ago. I was dreading the switch over to Vista (tried it on one of my friends gaming machines and Vista was a dog on that, I can't imagine the performance on this) but thanks to this awesome thread I can go back to XP and was my deciding factor in buying the TX1000! I'll report back in when I get it.

6. leepriestenator

leepriestenator Pen Pal - Newbie

LOL... Actually, Pivot is one of the most important softwares, if not the most, that you need for a successful downgrade to XP. The screen rotation function that it offers can be done by the NVIDIA tray applet, but what it also does is enable the Rotation Button next to the LCD and enables a certain MS API that is required by TouchKit in order to adjust the screen calibration data when you rotate the screen.

Bottom Line is, if you intend to use your Touchscreen across all the orientations, you need Pivot.

Again, It's all about what you do with your XP. Visit crystalXP.net. You'll find everything you need to make it look just like Vista without any stability or speed compromises.

7. sirach38

sirach38 Pen Pal - Newbie

At first, I was a little disappointed with the "brightview" display of the TX with its evident grain and rather washed out colors. That was until I fiddled around with the NVIDIA settings and VOILA!

Click on over to Color Correction and you'll be able to adjust brightness, contrast, gamma, sharpening and best of all, digital vibrance!

I never thought I could tweak my laptop display but NVIDIA rocks!

8. leepriestenator

The grain is because of the touchscreen.

And yes, the NVIDIA Control App gives you a very good level of color adjustment. I forgot to mention that here earlier. There are a lot of other features like Window transparency and Window Flicks etc that could enhance your XP experience :D

All we need is better battery life and the TX will be a real bad ass machine.

9. sirjaume

sirjaume Pen Pal - Newbie

hi

How do u activate nvidia control panel?
    thanks

10. leepriestenator

If you don't already have an NVIDIA icon in the System Tray, then goto your Display Properties --> Settings --> NVIDIA Control Panel

This is strictly for XP only as I don' recollect seeing the NVIDIA Control Panel in Vista. I could be wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.