hp tx1000 - Bringing in the charm of XP

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by ccfj1, Sep 20, 2010.

1. pcuser

pcuser Pen Pal - Newbie

leep,

I tried on Pivot... also did not work...

2. dkny2000

dkny2000 Pen Pal - Newbie

thank you leepriestenator
    how to setup the Co-Processor?

thanks

3. leepriestenator

leepriestenator Pen Pal - Newbie

Simple...
    1) Open Device Manager.
    2) The Co-Processor will be listed under Other Devices.
    3) Right Click and Update the driver... point to the location where you extracted the driver.

@pcuser... thanks for checking. We need to get to the bottom of this.

Note to everyone
    After installing XP, I noticed that the power profiles are nowhere as customizable as in Vista. The backlight doesn't dim when you are running on Battery and there is no automated way of underclockig the CPU when on battery or increasing when on AC power.

The perfect solution to this is Notebook Hardware Control.

You will be able to get all the power associated features that were a part of Vista. One more step closer to getting everything that was good with Vista.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  4. sirach38

sirach38 Pen Pal - Newbie

for screen rotation, try this http://www.portrait.com/us/products/pp_overview.html

I read this from a post somewhere...

leepriest....thanks, I'm sure a lot of us will be keeping our fingers crossed hoping that hack works!

Merry X-mas and Happy Holidays everyone!

5. leepriestenator

Hi sirach38

Thanks for that. The issue I'm having is not with Screen Rotation but with the touchscreen getting the co-ordinates of the stylus input wrong.

When I rotate the screen, the stylus input goes beserk because TouchKit isnt able to adjust the co-ordinates according to the orientation.

6. sirach38

Hi Lee, tried it and the stylus input works well without any calibration issues when it switches to portrait mode. I also noticed that with XP, the switch is much quicker without any significant lag unlike Vista Ultimate on my TX. And best of all, the screen rotation button works with it!

Thanks for the link to the notebook hardware control. Now if only we could find away to "program" the remaining quick launch buttons on the screen.

7. leepriestenator

I have good news... Unlike all the other handwriting recognition softwares out there that depend on the OS to do the Handwriting recognition this one does it all by itself and its really great. I absolutely love it. It has a fantastic dictionary and correction system and the best part is it can be used anywhere... Internet Explorer, Word Processors, Spreadsheets... you name the app and it can be used there.

RitePen

GOT IT... http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/showthread.php?t=13079

Touch input works for you when you switch orientation??? I don't get it... seems like you have used the same set of drivers and softwares that I have used. Can you check if it works right across all the orientations?

I just can't seem to be able to get it to work.

Also, how did you manage to get the Rotation Button to work??? Did you install the Quickplay software?

8. sirach38

Yes, the stylus works well regardless of screen orientation. I did install the HP quick launch software and the driver is 4.20.3.0. I wish I could tell you with certainty which of the myriad of software that I used to get this tablet working. I also installed microsoft's SDK for tablet pc v. 1.7 in the hopes of getting the stylus to work. I downloaded the touch recognition panel software from Microsoft's website and it wouldn't let me install it without the SDK. Unfortunately, it still didn't seem to work as the Tablet input panel is nowhere to be found until, I found your recent posts. With regard to the quick button, I just happened to press on it and voila, the screen rotated upon command and changed orientation with every button press.

I guess, I lucked out. I will try to back up my current configuration just for future use. It has been quite a process to get the XP OS to do what I want it to do and you've been quite helpful with those software links and I'm really encouraged that we could make the TX work well with XP. Let me know if there's anything I can help clarify.

9. leepriestenator

Hmmm... I just got the HP Quick Play software. Out of the 4 buttons, I am able to get a response from the DVD button after installing it. It launches the DVD portion of the QuickPlay software.

I'm still not getting any response from the other three including the screen rotation button.

sirach, I would appreciate it if you could post screenshots of your device manager and a screen shot of your Add / Remove programs. It would be easier to figure things out then.

As it stands, the only thing I haven't tried from your list of installed software is the Tablet SDK.

Somehow I don't think that is the root cause for the lack of calibration during a screen rotation and the non functioning Screen Rotate button.

10. sirach38

Leepriest...just PM'd you. It looks like I could attach a file which contains screenshots of my add/remove programs and device manager, but I'm limited by the 19K maximum file size as the doc file which contains the screenshots is about 600K.

BTW, where can I find Quick Play programs to get the DVD to work?

Thanks!