hp tx1000 - Bringing in the charm of XP

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by ccfj1, Sep 20, 2010.

1. PFC11111

PFC11111 Useless Knowledge Knower

Well, as an addendum to what I have been experiencing with my TX, the computer started doing the 'no video, no post' thing that the TX's are known for. I sent the motherboard off to have the issue resolved by reballing the nVidia chip and whatever else they do to get the video, wi-fi, etc. working again. As it turns out, the motherboard reportedly has a short-circuit somewhere between the board layers. I wonder if this 'short' was present while it was semi-working and is the cause of the standby not operating correctly.... I'll get the MB back in the next day or two and I'll investigate it further then. Thanks to you all.

2. HellParker

HellParker Civil Engineer

I'm really sorry, thats the reason I buy my tx1000

3. PFC11111

PFC11111 Useless Knowledge Knower

Here's the latest on the TX1000z saga... I purchased a 'good, used' motherboard on ebay to replace the 'shorted' one in my TX. I started the computer after installation and, lo, to my surprise, the computer goes into full standby when I close the lid and comes out of standby when I open it back up. The standby issue was caused by the MB after all. This may be useful for anyone out there who is experiencing similar symptoms. Thanks to you, HellParker, for the helpful suggestions. I'm sure that they took care of some of the problems. "See' y'all around the inter-webs.

4. Tiezep

Tiezep technology enthusiast

we're not allowed to discuss installing os x on a pc in this forum.

you can, however, pray to google for some good results or check other sites

sorry to burst your bubble,
    -Tyler

5. johnnychimpo

johnnychimpo Pen Pal - Newbie

anyone got windows 7 64bit running on their tx1000?

6. alexinc

alexinc Pen Pal - Newbie

sure! :) no problems here... (tx1410us)

7. johnnychimpo

I got mine running yesterday. Took some searching around to find another fingerprint reader application but its working great now! 1420us as well!

8. alexinc

alexinc Pen Pal - Newbie

lately win-update came with a new and now fully working application for the fingerprint reader!?

9. johnnychimpo

whats it called and got a link?
    Im using digital persona

The computer is CRAZY FASTER even with 330 gigs of soft and mp3s on the new 500g drive i got. Ill be it would run even faster with a 7200rpm drive w/16m cache. Ive got a samsung 500g 5400rpm drive in now.

10. alexinc

alexinc Pen Pal - Newbie

no link, as it came with windows update... its authentec truesuite 2.0.0.57 and dated back to 21.12.2009 (must have been released around this time, as i check win update regularly) - at least thats, what my add/remove software panel is saying. ;)