hp tx1000 - Bringing in the charm of XP

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by ccfj1, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Allaman

Allaman Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi guys, I have installed Windows XP Tablet Edition Sp 3 on my tx2140eg and I`m loving it so far but there is one little issue:
    After installing the wacom driver (for Tablet Pc) from wacom.com pen input and calibrating works fine and also touch works but not very accurate especially near the screenframe and the wacom settings give no way to calibrate the touch. I also installed TouchKit from the guide (http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/showthread.php?t=18950) but either it doesn`t work or I`am to silly...

Thanks for advice

2. alezam

alezam Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey everyone, just wanna say thanks to everyone for all the wonderful information here. I do have one question though...is it possible to upgrade xp PRO to xp tablet without a new install? If so, how can i do it?

3. brokenlax

brokenlax Pen Pal - Newbie

Quick question, Does the firefox scrolling lag still persist? I might reinstall xp consider how the latest windows 7 build is bugged as hell on the tx2500.
    Vista of course is not an option.

4. Allaman

Allaman Pen Pal - Newbie

@brokenlax
    I couldn`t see any bug using firefox with my mousewheel and Drag and Grab addon

5. mdbchandani

mdbchandani Pen Pal - Newbie

hi,
    I have also brought in charms of xp on my hp tablet tx1301au. ur step by step note was very helpful. only two issues remain unresolved,
    1. coprocessor driver provided by u in .rar file has files encrypted and while extracing them six passwords are required. plz help.
    2. during loading of drivers i dont know what happened now the drives visible in my computer dont open if i double click them or use open command after right click but hey do open if i useexplore opion. can u plz guide n help.
    regards.
    mdbchandani

6. novice123

novice123 Pen Pal - Newbie

Guys,
    I'm not good with computers. Was awefully glad to find this topic, and read and read, but could not find the instructions for the bery beginning. I'm stuck at not being able to install XP. Figured out that I need additional drivers and either slipstream them or use a floppy. Since I don't have a floppy I downloaded nLite and tired to slipstream, BUT:
    1. What drivers do I need to slipstream?
    2. The drivers I have are all .EXE packs and not .INF that are needed to slipstream?

Can you help, please?
    Thanks.

7. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

you need to extract the exe's....run them on your machine currently, and note the extraction location, the inf's should be there. Alternately you could try to extract them using winrar.

8. novice123

novice123 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks. I just was a little uncomfortable to run AMD-related files on Intel machine. A couple of more questions, please just to clarify:
    1. Which particular drivers do I need to slipstream at the minimum to install XP?
    a) AMD NIC
    b) AMD X2 that is in the Megapack
    c) Nvidia GForce that is in Megapack
    d) others?

2. After I prepare WinLite bootable ISO, do I need to burn a regular WinLite CD from that bootable ISO image?

Thanks.

9. Mobius_gen

Mobius_gen Pen Pal - Newbie

I wonder

Have anyone else experienced problems with the bluetooth after downgrading to xp?
    I can't seem to get mine back at all, it is as if my laptop doesn't have it.
    Which it does, it worked fine when I was still using vista.

I've tried a few diffrent drivers to see if I could get it to work, but no luck.

(Might I also on a diffrent note congratulate you all on this topic, it's a real life saver. I wouldn't know what I would have done without it!)

10. stefanoforesti

stefanoforesti Pen Pal - Newbie

I found this forum and thank you very much to all your work, especially to leepriestenator for bundling everything, and others about other tablet apps.

it's amazing how i have a much better tablet than i had with vista, in a relatively short time, and it all worked fairly smooth!

thanks again, stefano