hp tx1000 - Bringing in the charm of XP

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by ccfj1, Sep 20, 2010.

1. pcuser

pcuser Pen Pal - Newbie

May be worthwhile to take a look @ dual boot so that one can have both world.. the abundance of software and swiftness of XP and the sophication of the many new features in Vista... one can also use that old copy of XP instead of acquiring another copy of XP for Tablet PC... here is a link for dual boot...it has a full set of workable drivers for TX1209, the procedures and drivers etc are almost identical to TX1000 series... have fun...

http://www.skyjuiceiswater.blogspot.com/

2. arvean

arvean Pen Pal - Newbie

good job leepriestenator!!!!
    Thank you for including me in credits. Also I was thinking maybe we can create a n image of already configured system with Nlite?

3. vudka

vudka Pen Pal - Newbie

thanks guys for sharing. very appreciated. :D

4. cpluse

cpluse Pen Pal - Newbie

Ya , i just want to say thank you to everyone who help out with the drivers. You made life easier and this little table sour. Money well spent in my eyes. Thanks again.

5. leepriestenator

leepriestenator Pen Pal - Newbie

Anytime Fellas...

arvean... that's exactly what I was thinking. I'll get to it in a day or two.

HEADS UP - The last "Unknown Device" that I had lying around turned out to be the HP Quick Launch buttons.

@sirach38... I don't understand how the same "Unknown Device" can turn out to be different for each of us, given that we both used the same set of drivers. Wierd. Could you please check and post back if you have a device called "HP Quick Launch" listed in your Device Danager under Human Interface Device (HID)

I got the driver thanks to "pcuser" from another set of simplified drivers @ http://www.skyjuiceiswater.blogspot.com/

I will update the original post with the extracted HP Quick Launch Driver.

Issues so far

1) Though the touchscreen application (TouchKit) is great, there is one flaw. When I rotate the screen using the NVIDIA Tray's Rotate Function, TouchKit cannot recognise it and the cursor ends up in all the wrong areas when you use the stylus. Sufficed to say, TouchKit Calibration will work only with any one orientation (either 0* / 90* / 180* or 270*)

2) I really miss the Onscreen Keyboard and Handwriting Recognition Features along with Microsoft Journal from Vista. Since XP Pro (non-tablet edition) does not natively come with these features, I am wondering if there are any 3rd party software that can replace these very integral functions to our tablets.

6. arvean

arvean Pen Pal - Newbie

I believe there is none. Tablet edition contains all the goodies. For me the problem is with remote control. I bought the tv tuner and it's not recognizable in xp. I can either go with tablet edition and have had recognition, or go with Media center and have tv ;) Tough choice...

7. sirach38

sirach38 Pen Pal - Newbie

leepriestenator.... yes, I have "HP Quick Launch" listed in my device manager. You may be right, I remember I did install the same soon after I updated the sound card drivers.

With regard to the handwriting recognition in Vista, although it was a little flaky to begin with, but I think with time I may get used to grappling with the stylus. I googled for it and this was an interesting link:

http://209.85.173.104/search?q=cache:UcD_Iept3gYJ:board.iexbeta.com/index.php%3Fact%3DAttach%26type%3Dpost%26id%3D1389+tabletpc.cab&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=8&gl=us

I only have a single CD OEM win XP pro and I'm not sure where to get the CD2 that is required.

Again, thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  8. pcuser

pcuser Pen Pal - Newbie

Understand there is a version of TouchKit that will allow screen rotation....check your version... in the taskbar (right bottom) will show TouchKit icon.. right click and then turn on "Support Rotation"... if you do not have this function, it must be an older version...

As for the missing drivers in skyjuiceiswater blog... I will let the blogger know to update the driver...

9. dkny2000

dkny2000 Pen Pal - Newbie

what is the password for Co-Processor.zip file?
    thank you

10. leepriestenator

leepriestenator Pen Pal - Newbie

@dkny2000

Sorry about that... I must have forgotten to repackage the original ZIP file.

The password is darkgiank.info

@pcuser
    Yes, I actually do have the latest version of TouchKit and the "Screen Rotation" option is checked. But when I rotate the screen and use the stylus, the cursor ends up elsewhere. It just doesn't work. I tried disabling it, restarting, re-enabling, restarting and re-did the screen calibration for all the orientations and still nothing.
    I would appreciate it if you could try this on your machine and report back. Also how do you rotate your screen? I'm assuming you use the same Rotate option in the NVIDIA tray... right?

@sirach38
    I looked at the link that you provided and guess what? I actually have an old MCE edition of WinXP SP2 lying around which actually does have the Components Folder. The second CD is only provided with the "flavoured versions" of XP Pro like MCE and TPC Edition. I will look into this ASAP and post back.

Cheers