hp tx1000 - Bringing in the charm of XP

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by ccfj1, Sep 20, 2010.

1. leepriestenator

leepriestenator Pen Pal - Newbie

2. sirach38

sirach38 Pen Pal - Newbie

Leepriest...I figured it out.... I backtracked and uninstalled the programs which I tried and failed to get it to work. First, I removed the SDK, Tablet recognition program, wacom pen tablet driver (which I hoped would include the Tablet panel) etc., etc. Finally, I uninstalled Portrait Display's Pivot Pro program, and voila, it stopped working. The quick button was dead and the calibration was way off with screen rotation. Re-installing it brought it back to life.

Thanks for the link to the quick play. I will install it ASAP!

3. pcuser

pcuser Pen Pal - Newbie

Sirach,

I installed the Pivot Pro yesterday and again today, touchkit does not seem to work when rotated like what Lee has said and the button was not working either... there must be something else you have downloaded; may be some programs from Microsoft site that have installed some features under XP Tablet PC Edition into your computer...would you like to share the microsoft sites that you have visited...also PM your Device manager map if you can..

4. sirach38

pcuser

I just did another test....make sure you use version 7.68 of Pivot Pro. Somehow the newer version 8.4 doesn't work.

5. dkny2000

dkny2000 Pen Pal - Newbie

When I rotate the screen, the stylus input goes beserk because TouchKit isnt able to adjust the co-ordinates according to the orientation.

6. dkny2000

dkny2000 Pen Pal - Newbie

7. leepriestenator

sirach... thanks for going through all the touble. I'm sure everybody here really appreciates it.

I'll check it out and post back.

Cheers

Finally...IT WORKS
    Sirach, thanks so much for clearing this up. Not only does this software enable the Rotate button on our TX's, it also installs some MS Win32 API's that are responsible for reporting the screen rotation status to TouchKit. TouchKit works perfectly now. I looked around quite a lot for Pivot v7.68 and found just one questionable link. (read: cracked)

I will include it, but must insist that if you plan on using the software, you should pay for it. (MODS, i'll leave the decision of removing the link or not in your capable judgement and hands)

Pivot v7.68 (1)
    Pivot v7.68 (2)

Buy It

TX downgrade to XP... DONE

Guys thanks for all the help. Together we've managed to successfully downgrade our TX's from Vista to XP. Everything works now and I love how fast and tweaked my machine is. I will update my post with all this information for a seamless downgrade for all the newbies.

Happy Holiday everyone...

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS POST UPDATED
    Everything you need to downgrade successfully to XP without loosing any functionality.

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/showthread.php?t=11987&page=4

Scroll to Post 38 and 39.

8. sirach38

Great job with the tutorial, leepriestenator!

One more question though, how were you able to stretch/shrink the UPMC keyboard layout from the Comfort On-screen keyboard software to fit the entire screen from edge to edge either in portrait or landscape mode. I can't get it to fit right. I'll include some pics once I grab a screen shot.

9. leepriestenator

sirach, the really wide keyboards are all designed for 1024 pixels width.

There doesn't seem to be any way of widening it short of adjusting the key position values in the respective keyboards text file.

You can find it under \Program Files\ComfortKeyboard\Keyboards

10. djgeeth

djgeeth Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi guys,
    thanks for all the work you all have done turning this laptop into an XP machine, way faster!!!

Im having 1 problem remaining however, I have the 1220us model and I cant get any of the audio drivers working. I tried the ones in the mega pack, ones from realtek, and ones from HP. Most of them install fine, but when I restart it says no audio card installed.

Please help, I use this laptop for djing and sound would be nice!

11. pcuser

pcuser Pen Pal - Newbie

No audio card... sounds like hardware problem... may be tell us what you found in Device Manager under the section Sound, video and game controllers... you should have a list of all the Audio and video driver nams... if the "realtek high definition audio" driver is missing, most likely you have a hardware problem if you have used the correct driver...if you can provide a jpg pic, even better..

12. pcuser

pcuser Pen Pal - Newbie

Sirach, Lee... my screen rotate is now working.. but found it slow reacting to "ritepen" software...
    http://www.evernote.com/products/technology/ritepen/

13. djgeeth

djgeeth Pen Pal - Newbie

Are you suggestion its a hardware malfunction? I cant see why it would be, it worked fine OEM, on a second vista install, and even on a linux install (Fedora 8). So its gotta be something Im missing in XP.... Heres a SS of device manager, I havent installed quick launch buttons either.

http://x021.uploaderx.net/x/nosound.JPG

14. pcuser

pcuser Pen Pal - Newbie

Dj.

Try to resolve the drivers for PCI device first. Realtek sound driver may need this PCI device driver to work... to install driver, doubleclick the ?.. lead Device Manager to the driver folder to search for the correct driver... not sure what is the unknown driver, can doubleclick ? then find out what is it from the detail tab... once these two ? are resolved, the audio driver could then be installed...

15. leepriestenator

It looks like your PCI device could be the Realtek AC'97 Audio Device.

1) Use the Update software option and point it to the directory with the driver.

2) If that doesn't work, then on your 2nd attempt, click on Don't Search. I will choose the driver to install"

3) You might be prompted to select the device type. Choose Sound Controller and then click on the Have Disk button. Point it to the location where the Realtek Driver is.

It should work.

@pcuser... Slow? You mean the rotation itself or RitePen recognition speed?

16. cpluse

cpluse Pen Pal - Newbie

Is anyone going to make a install CD for all these driver so i can install all at once. I would do it but dont know how to make stream line disk. Great work everyone.

17. pcuser

pcuser Pen Pal - Newbie

Lee,
    RitePen... one must write slowly for RitePen to regconize the character.. in Vista... it is much faster...may be due to TouchKit program... more for touch, rather than write..

18. twix8it

twix8it Pen Pal - Newbie

does anyone know of a profram that will pull up a onscreen keyboard verses the other input methods?

19. pcuser

pcuser Pen Pal - Newbie

please read Lee's quote in page 4... use comfort onscreen keyboard

20. djgeeth

djgeeth Pen Pal - Newbie

How do I do this? point it to the temp directory where the installer puts it? I tried installing the High Def driver and the AC97 driver from the site, they both install fine, and after I restart theres still no audio device! Help!