hp tx1000 - Bringing in the charm of XP

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by ccfj1, Sep 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

What is the problem you are having? i'm not clear.

2. marenne

marenne Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi everybody

I have a question: Does downgrading your tablet pc void your warranty?
    I thought it might, and that's the only reason i havent done it yet!

thanx a lot!

3. DRTigerlilly

If you need software help, and you're running xp HP will not offer support for the txxxx line for XP. If they are hardware issues, you should not have a problem getting warranty service. But if you have to send it in, they are going to expect Vista to be on the machine, so you will have to put it back on.

4. bushd

bushd Pen Pal - Newbie

I know HP won't support XP but when I got my motherboard / wireless fixed on my TX1220US they just either imaged my drive or gave me a new one with Vista on it. They didn't fuss about having XP on it. It also helped that they could recreate my wireless issue.

When I did XP before I sent it in for repair (the wireless card / motherboard problem so many experience) I had XP with the setup from here on it and it worked like a charm! Pivot, touch screen, buttons - the works. Now that I've put XP back on it since the repair and a new motherboard I can't get the buttons to work but I did solve the problem I had with Pivot not wanting to turn to 180 degrees. I installed Pivot and Quickplay before installing the button drivers / software.

One other issue I'm having is pivot works fine but when I rotate the touch screen still reads as though I'm at 0 degree. If I touch the screen at anything other than 0 degrees rotation it acts as though it's still at 0 degrees.

Also, I've been looking for something to fix the not having the remote work. I actually give presentations and while this isn't something of dire need it certainly is handy. I didn't see but was curious if anyone had solved that issue?

5. DRTigerlilly

bushd can you elaborate on the wireless motherboard problem? b/c another user here recently posted about his wireless stopping working after a factory install.

6. bushd

bushd Pen Pal - Newbie

Let me dig up the thread. I posted problems and solution in that thread. It's the same issue as the old DV series with the hibernation and wireless card problem. http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/showthread.php?t=11802&page=3 I knew I had an account here! Gah. Time to send an email to have the old one deleted. If you can delete the old account my other is Dawsome.

7. marenne

marenne Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanx a lot for putting all this together!

I was hoping to download the alternate drivers set from the link leepriestenator provided, but it has been removed. Can i get it somewhere else, or does anyone know what drivers are included in the set?

thanks again!

8. DRTigerlilly

this thread has direct links to drivers for the tx lines.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  9. marenne

marenne Pen Pal - Newbie

Oh yes, sorry I meant the link for alternate drivers in #39, the driveway download is not available anymore.

But i've been reading on and saw something about an iso (link removed), so maybe i should just try to get that one (somewhere)?

I'm a bit confused as to what the best way is to get all your drivers...

thanks

10. DRTigerlilly

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.