hp tx1000 - Bringing in the charm of XP

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by ccfj1, Sep 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reddog093

reddog093 Pen Pal - Newbie

Greatbizideas, i'm not sure what your video card is. My tx1420us was set up with a 6150 chipset and the nvidia installation was a little tricky for me. See if these instructions may relate to your situation:
    "To install the NVIDIA GeForce Go6150 Graphics Driver, run the executable.
    It will extract to a temporary folder and the setup will not continue as it will not recognise the chipset model.
    At this point go to the device manager to find the VGA device without a driver.
    Click on update driver and in the Hardware Update Wizard, click on "Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)".
    On the next screen, Click on "Don't search. I will choose the driver to install".
    On the next screen, click on "Have Disk" and navigate to the folder where the files from the installer were extracted.
    This will install the Go6150 driver and you will have a perfectly working display."

I got the rapidshare ones to work less than a month ago. The size of the drivers is quite large, but the link in my previous post did work. Not sure if they are located anywhere else.

2. eengstrom

eengstrom Pen Pal - Newbie

Has anyone tried this with the new tx2120us? I'm going to but it'd be nice to know what the chances are. I've got good image backups so not too worried.

3. kahm

kahm Pen Pal - Newbie

I've got a tx2114CA - 2.2gz TL-64, 4gb ram, Vista 64bit

I've got Xp Tablet dual booting with a clean Vista install, and I've got a couple of last problems.

Most of the mega-pack drivers work fine. I used the 32-bit vista drivers for the Wacom and they work well. I can't calibrate touch, but it seems to be very close to correct, and the touch is properly disabled when using the pen.

Rotation doesn't work with the button. This could be related to the problem of not being able to install Quick Play -> "This software can only be installed in authorized machine."

Anyone else with a tx2000 manage to get quickplay/rotation button working? HP's page says that people who downgrade from Vista to XP "won't have the XP restore CDs" and will be unable to run Quickplay on their comptuer :(

Edit.

Apparently I can calibrate touch, but I have to use the Wacom pen to do it? Very odd.

4. sadeel786

sadeel786 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

I only need wireless lan....I cant seem to get it to work....it gives me exclamation mark in drivers list section....The button to swtich Wlan on and off is actually switching bluetooth on and off....Please assist

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  5. antihero

antihero Pen Pal - Newbie

Was wondering if I could get hand from the gurus here...

I installed XP Tablet and have updated my Windows version to SP2 etc. and have most of the things working - but webcam doesn't seem to want to work...even after installing the HP 1.3 Webcam program.

I see in my device manager "USB 2.0 Camera" with an exclamation mark beside it. I've tried pointing it directly to the driver but it's no use - I keep getting an error message about the "driver does not have any information about my hardware"

Can anybody do me a favour and let me know exactly what the driver filename is?

I used to have problems in Vista with the webcam but I used the Acer driver that I read somewhere else in these forums...

Any ideas enlightened ones?

Thanks...

6. tan880121

tan880121 Pen Pal - Newbie

webcam driver is either ricoh or chicony.. google for it.. sorry i'm rushing here else would provide further details.

7. mobilemail

mobilemail Pen Pal - Newbie

I purchased an OEM of XP Tablet Edition and downgraded using this thread as a guide (TX1320US). I still have to fix some little things like the calibration after pivot, but I'm sure that's no big deal as soon as I get the time. My BIG unresolved issue is the crappy performance of the pen input. I don't mean handwriting recognition, just the ability to make hand written notes legibly. Under Vista the performance was marginal. Under XP, I simply can't write whole words, no matter how slowly and carefully I try, and make them legible, not nearly the quality I had under Vista. Has anyone else had issues like this, and if so how did you resolve it?
    The second thing is that when using Notebook Hardware Control, I saw that my processor wouldn't exceed 800MHz (I think this is partially responsible for my poor pen performance). I found a BIOS setting that would allow you to select "full performance" under battery, but the NHC still never indicates more than 1.6GHz. Has anyone else fought this constraint, and were you able to find a way to get full performance under battery? Or will it automatically crank up to 2GHz if I stress it enough?
    If I get those things fixed, I'm definitely ready to stick with XP, and BristoPack is great eye Candy! (Without the OS X clone dock) Thanks all!

8. gordoncahill

gordoncahill Scribbler - Standard Member

The BIOS setting says "high performance" not "full" performance. On battery 1.6 is maximum as far as I'm aware. That should be plenty for the pen. I run the Tablet OS on 1.1hz pentium M machines with no problems so a dual core 1.6 should be fine. I still have Vista and I have no issues. XP, using LESS resources should be no problem. There's definately something else going on.

Do you have the latest penenabled drivers form Wacom? The latest video drivers for the card?

Gordon

9. mikejwang

mikejwang Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, I just followed the instruction and converted from vista to xp pro. Even though I installed all drivers but still seen the USB controller as one of "the unknown device". How I can update the driver for the USB controller.

So far I like it but just in case, how I can restore the PC back to vista. The F11 function key won't work when rebooting the computer.

Please kindly advise.

10. bigfoot

bigfoot Pen Pal - Newbie

If you have your restore disk for vista, you should be able to use it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.