hp tx1000 - Bringing in the charm of XP

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by ccfj1, Sep 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. autonic

autonic Pen Pal - Newbie

Alright... the sound driver has finally been installed on my tx1320eo!!! :)

Exactly what happened i don't really know... i was cruising driverguide.com searching for drivers to my sound card when i stumbled upon the WDM R134 driver from realtek. Thought i had nothing to loose so i downloaded them.
    I force fed the device wizard thru the "floppy available" method and picked the .inf file called "HDA.inf" in the "WDM_R134\5233_PG206_R134_UAAV10a-5013\WDM" folder.
    I was suspecting a "device cannot start"-error upon completion (as I had been getting all of the other tries), but not this time, instead it gave me the bluescreen of death and i thought to myself "oh ****, now i'm really screwed".
    The computer booted and when in reentered windows the device wizard was all over the place, caliming that it had found new devices (among those the modem were one). I just kept hitting next, next, next and then it wanted to reboot again.

When it reentered windows for the 329043 time in the search for audio drivers, i heard the lovley sound of windows startup (never thought i'd say that) and all of my problems were solved :)

This might just have been a lucky shot with the bluescreen of death and all, but it worked for me...
    To help others in need i've uploaded the drivers that fixed my audio device:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/89323417/WDM_R134.zip.html

This was done with a tx1320eo pavilion, just so u know.
    Hope this can help someone.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. pcuser

pcuser Pen Pal - Newbie

If you have not tried, download the xp driver from
    http://skyjuiceiswater.blogspot.com/2007/12/dual-booting-hp-tx1209-tablet-notebook.html
    it is for TX1000 series.. follow the instruction and use Device Manager. It will find all the bridges you want..

As for the touchscreen, one would need to calibrate it to work properly..

3. pcuser

pcuser Pen Pal - Newbie

That software will have to work with quick launch button software from HP site...

4. wtfbollos

wtfbollos Pen Pal - Newbie

hi,

i'm still wrastlin with this down(up)-grade..

when i installed the nforce chipset, my ZAP asked if apache could have access?

erm, apache?

does need to be on there and/or stay?

what is it doing?

what will happen if i remove apache or not allow it thru the firewall?

5. wtfbollos

right, if you're here to make your HP laptop run XP and not vista, you need post #39

download the 3 files that constitute the "mega pack", as very well built by leepriestenator..

download all three and unpack the first one and the rest should unpack automatically. i used winrar to do this.

follow the instructions and you should be ok.

my tx1340es works a treat under XP!

it should be noted that the nvidia chipset seems to want to install a firewall..if you use another (i use ZAP), then this will need to be controlled..

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  6. pjbi667

pjbi667 Pen Pal - Newbie

>>Darkvisor
    When i press escape, it shows just 2 options....the first one is boot from laptop hard drive and the second one is boot from cd drive..
    When i select the boot from hard drive option, it directly boots to windows xp...without askin me to choose b/w the vista recovery partition and the win xp partition.....
    heres what im thinkin of doin next....i'l backup all my data....create an extra partition out of the vista one........and install win xp on it again...(dis time sp2)....
    i'l let ya kno if everythin goes on well......

7. D_a_v_i_d

D_a_v_i_d Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for help me. but it didn´t work... there was no information about the driver to help me.

I found that the problem was with the Sound Card Driver (something related with SP3)

I did a restore to the point before i instaled SP3 and now i could install all the drivers with no Problems!

GUYS: DO NOT INSTALL SP3 FOR XP on your TX. still have issues. Do your regular Priority Updates...

:cool: Thanks.!

8. wtfbollos

anyone know what performance stats these TX's should get and what benchmark you would use?

i want to be sure mine's running as fast as it should be, esp after all this driver business..

9. DArkVisor

DArkVisor Pen Pal - Newbie

@ autonic- thankyou very much for posting the link!! I'll try that out when I get on my laptop. Lol I tried the force feed thing once, but not only did it not work, but it increased my startup time by about 20 minutes :eek: So i figured that wouldnt help much. Ill report on how it goes. (i have an tx1219au)

@ pjbi667- Hmm thats strange.. It seems to work on mine, Have you tried pressing F10? That takes you to the properties panel, and I think you can adjust it more on there. Good luck though

10. edmondt

edmondt Pen Pal - Newbie

That's a great post! Now I have audio :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.