hp tx1000 - Bringing in the charm of XP

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by ccfj1, Sep 20, 2010.

1. btag

btag Pen Pal - Newbie

Arvean, I fully agree with you. Installing windows xp tablet 2005 was the best thing I ever did with this tablet. It made it vastly more usable and faster.
    One thing I was wondering is which video driver did you use? I used the GeForce Go 6100 instead (no GeForce Go 6150) since it seems to be rather stable at the moment. The only problem is it seems to have issues coming out of power save. I was wondering if you found a solution to this problem. Also did you have any luck on the screen rotation?

2. cpluse

cpluse Pen Pal - Newbie

How is Windows XP for tablets compared to Vista tablet features. IS there any loss in features. Vista is not all that to me. I user XP more on desktop. But I want to know will my table feature go away with Windows XP for tablets.

3. mjmshaw

mjmshaw Pen Pal - Newbie

I downgraded to XP Professional for a while as there were 2/3 software packages that wouldn't run on Vista (thanks ADOBE) until I upgraded. All of the drivers were on the HP site except for Realtek Audio and Nvidia driver (both of which are avaliable on the parent company website).
    Boy was it fast ... evn with 1gb memory. Though I miss the ability to rotate the screen ... this machine is a great ebook reader and convenient snuggle-up sofa web browser!

Cons?
    Vista
    Poor 4-cell battery life.
    Inconveniently placed page up/down button
    Unresponsive DVD manual eject button
    Would prefer the VGA adaptor port on back
    Too many HP specific software packages and useless games installed by default; particularly the persistent internet signup dialog which won't go away

4. jerusalem

jerusalem Pen Pal - Newbie

yo thank you for posting this, but
    can you post how to actually do it? im going to DL tablet edition from a torrent. will i need a new license? will it downgrade easily? which drivers do i need from HP.com? where do i find the others?

5. cpluse

cpluse Pen Pal - Newbie

And you mean you lost the function to rotate you screen? Anything else you can ad, i want to make sure when i down grade im not missing anything thing. I wonder it you install vista, with out bloat will it work better too"?

6. rondread444

rondread444 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello people, I have a tx1210us a non-touchscreen version. Can I dual boot my system (Vista: XP) with no problems?:confused:

7. thebranded

thebranded Pen Pal - Newbie

ah sweet, so a normal Xp tablet ed install on C: is all you did drivrs were fromthe Hp site and/or the vendors.

ANd i guess since the restore partitiaon was not touched if i perform a restore i'l have Vista back right?

If thats the case i'll be trying the WinXP tablet edition before i fork out more money on ram! Vista sux on this machine....

8. arvean

arvean Pen Pal - Newbie

Yep. That's correct.
    Guys if you need packages of drivers PM me. Will help

9. monk_boy

monk_boy Pen Pal - Newbie

For video drivers: http://www.ngohq.com/home.php?page=Files&go=cat&dwn_cat_id=10&go=giveme&dwn_id=509

They're modified drivers, but they work for the Geforce Go 6150. The only issue I've had with them is that when resuming from standby or hibernate the display is messed up. All you'll need to do is press fn+f4 twice to switch to external CRT/LCD and back again. You'll be able to rotate the screen with nVidia's control panel. I have this installed on XP Pro not Tablet Edition. It should work the same.

List of all of their modified drivers versions: http://www.ngohq.com/home.php?page=Files&go=cat&dwn_cat_id=10

Did any of you have an issue with the battery not being recognized in XP? I have 2 unknown ACPI devices in the Device Manager, and I'm guessing one is the battery.

10. arvean

arvean Pen Pal - Newbie