hp tx1000 - Bringing in the charm of XP

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by ccfj1, Sep 20, 2010.

1. arvean

arvean Pen Pal - Newbie

Detailed list:

Driver de Chipset (Red, SATA, PCI-X) : http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_nf4_winxp32_8.26_11.09.html

Driver de Vídeo (nVidia GeForce Go 6150 Windows XP) : http://file9.mydrivers.com/display/XTreme-G_MobileForce_XP_97.92_M4.exe (gracias a : pelleringa) 30 MB

Driver de Audio HD (Realtek) : ftp://152.104.238.19/pc/audio/WDM_R170.exe

Driver de Wireless LAN (Broadcom) : http://darkgiank.110mb.com/foros/viewtopic.php?id=4

Driver LightScribe Host : ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp35001-35500/sp35384.exe (3.05 MB)

Driver de Bluetooth (Hewlett-Packard) : ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp32501-33000/sp32883.exe (39.31 MB)

Botones de Volumen, Reproducción (Laterales) y Control Remoto (CIR) : ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp33001-33500/sp33258.exe (14 MB)

Asistente HP de Red Inalambrica : ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp34501-35000/sp34510.exe (3.2 MB)

AMD CPU Drivers (AMD Turion 64 X2) ¡Importante para el rendimiento de la batería! : http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/utilities/amdcpusetup.exe

Motorola SM56 Modem Driver (clave: darkgiank.info) : http://cache.pando.com/soapservices/Package/packag…*

AutenTec Fingerprint Scanner (Lector de huellas digitales) Driver+Software (clave: darkgiank.info) : http://cache.pando.c… (19 MB)*

Driver Coprocesador / Coprocessor de nVidia 25/Julio/2007 (clave: darkgiank.info) : http://www.zshare.net/download/2838498d8d86e0/ (129 KB)

Drivers sólo para Windows XP SP2 :

Driver TouchScreen (pantalla táctil) : http://www.eeti.com.tw/web20/drivers/Win2KXP/WIndows XP_V4.3.8.4207.zip (gracias a : pelleringa) 6.6 MB

Adicionales :

Multimedia :

Reemplazo para HP Quickplay DVD (NO quickplay-direct) (Preguntas y Respuestas) :

K-Lite Codec Pack 3.25 Full (codec gratuito para reproducción de DVDs) : http://ftp.freenet.de/pub/filepilot/windows/multimedia/video/k-lite_codec_pack/klcodec325f.exe

HP Quickplay para Microsoft Windows XP SP2 (72.7 MB) : Detalles y Descarga

2. enzoshadow

enzoshadow Pen Pal - Newbie

WOW! You are the man! arvean

3. arvean

arvean Pen Pal - Newbie

Glad I could help guys :)

4. thebranded

thebranded Pen Pal - Newbie

any chance to reupload the modem and figerprint drivers?
    they have been deleted and there is no up date onthe darkgiank site.

apart from that AWESOME post! :)

5. N3rd911

N3rd911 Pen Pal - Newbie

Averan, i have some questions, so i PMed you

6. ho22

ho22 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi Arvean,

I was wondering whether my HP TX1316AU can be downgraded to XP. What are the things that will not work compare to Vista? Will all the drivers work in XP? Please advise.Thanks for posting great info for us.

7. enzoshadow

enzoshadow Pen Pal - Newbie

I couldn't download nor find the XP fingerprint driver and the touchscreen driver. The download link up there doesn't work.
    Please help.

8. thebranded

thebranded Pen Pal - Newbie

9. vistabad

vistabad Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi guys! I registered just to join in on this chat. I have a Gateway laptop that came with Vista and I HATED IT!!! I took me a couple days to find 400MB of XP drivers for it and I'm so glad I did it..

Now I just bought an HP TX1320US yesterday. And I cannot stand Vista!

I have some questions before I begin my quest to UPGRADE from Vista to XP.
    Yes, I didn't misstype, XP is an upgrade to Vista...

In the instructions I found, it said either WinXP SP2 or the XP Tablet 2005, what is the difference between the two OS's?

Also, mine came with a webcam, do I need HP webcam drivers? How does that part work?

Before I do any of this, I have to burn the recovery CD just incase I mess up...

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

10. vistabad

Wow, I can't even create my RESTORE disks, that's how BAD VISTA is!!!

It sees all my new blank DVD's as NOT blank. So I resorted to just CD's, and it won't even burn my CD's correctly...

Good god Vista!!!!

11. vistabad

12. vistabad

Can't seem to find the 5-1 card reader for XP.....

13. vistabad

14. sirjaume

sirjaume Pen Pal - Newbie

So, what we should do????
    Shall we install Windows Xp 2005 Tabletpc Edition or Windows XP SP2?
    Thanks

15. Diesel

Diesel Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm going to buy that laptop soon, can I get the exact drivers you used to get XP working and also? Is the touchscreen working in XP? What about handwriting recognition software too?
    ANd finally, how is the battery life, and what processor model did you get, along with which cell count did you choose for your battery 4 or 6?

16. arvean

arvean Pen Pal - Newbie

well I like XP better - on Vista Itunes crack a little and the system itself is slow as hell. Still my wife stayed with Vista. It all depends on what are you going to do

17. muthukumaran_kr

muthukumaran_kr Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,
    Iam not able to access the following link

Driver de Vídeo (nVidia GeForce Go 6150 Windows XP) : http://file9.mydrivers.com/display/X...P_97.92_M4.exe (gracias a : pelleringa) 30 MB

Can somebody help to get the Driver for Video (nvidia GeForce Go 6150 Windows XP)

Thanks,
    Muthu.

18. leepriestenator

leepriestenator Pen Pal - Newbie

I managed to finally get all the drivers. It works PERFECTLY with WinXP PRO including the Touchscreen. NO NEED for Tablet PC Edition.

I'm uploading it as I type this. It totals to about 215MB. I'll post the link in a bit.

EDIT: I have RAR'd the entire set of Drivers. I know I know... it's a pain in the ass to download the whole thing when you are looking for just one or two drivers. The only reason I did it, is because there are so many new users and owners of the TX's that it would be easier to download the entire working set rather than have to individually keep scouting for them.

If anybody can throw some light on the last and final "Unknown Device" left over in the Device Manager, it would be great. Other than that... everything else is here. Look no further. Just follow the instructions and you will have a Fully Functional & Blazing Fast TX with Windows XP PRO. Just the way it should be.

19. leepriestenator

leepriestenator Pen Pal - Newbie

LAST UPDATED: 29-12-2007 (21:00 GMT)

MEGAPACK - 215 MB
    File 1
    File 2
    File 3

MISC
    HP Quick Launch Buttons Driver (Check Installation Notes #6)
    HP Quick Launch Buttons Sofware v6.10B (Check Installation Notes #7)
    HP Quick Play for Windows v2.3 (Check Installation Notes #8)

Pivot v7.68 (Check Installation Notes #9)

Notebook Hardware Control (Check Installation Notes #10)

RitePen (Check Installation Notes #11)

Tablet Input Panel / Onscreen Keyboard (Check Installation Notes #12)

Alternate Set of Drivers (Not Necessary - 44MB) (Check Installation Notes #13)

20. sirach38

sirach38 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

I just got a TX1000 and was able to successfully downgrade from Vista to WinXP. The touchscreen works fine but I'm curious if someone could tell me how I could restore the handwriting recognition functionality of the device. The yellow tabbed widget appears to be integral to the Vista Tablet version and with the XP downgrade, it has disappeared. I've tried installing the Windows XP Tablet Recognizer Pack and the requisite Tablet PC SDK 1.7 from the microsoft website but to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW Leepriestenator, after installing the device drivers which I was able to obtain using your megafile, I also noticed the unknown device. In my case, it appeared to refer to the Realtek High Definition Audio which had a yellow exclamation point which I was able to resolve by redirecting it to the audio driver folder. After it updated, the unknown device disappeared.

Thanks once again for the driver download package that you posted.