hp tx1000 - Bringing in the charm of XP

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by ccfj1, Sep 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. happily

happily Pen Pal - Newbie

btw, any idea on how how to use the pivot 7.68 thingy?
    i downloaded the file, installed the trial, but nothing happened..

2. wtfbollos

wtfbollos Pen Pal - Newbie

firstly, can i say good work?!

hi :)

i just get meshelf a nice new tx1340es.

installed a clean XP after reformatting the entire disk.

i, like you, have just this weird "Other PCI Bridge Device" left to try and resolve. i can't stand having devices hanging around like that.

anyway, need that one resolved, also i only have the touchscreen to sort out. i got the eeti drivers, but a weird thing is happening.

if i go up the RIGHT hand side of the screen with the pen, the cursor tracks along the bottom, from left to right.

if i go right-to-left, along the top, the cursor goes UP the left hand side.

if i go DOWN the left hand side, the cursor goes along the top, from right to left and..

if i go along the bottom, from right to left, the cursor moves down the left hand side.

in other words, the touch screen seems to be exactly 1 screen side away.

one point of note, rapidshare only allow you ONE download, so it's hard to get your mega pack, arg!

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  3. Kanesis

Kanesis Pen Pal - Newbie

If you maintain your laptop/computer correctly you shouldn't have to reinstall. You should try Norton system works and spy-bot search and destroy http://www.safer-networking.org/index2.html <---Its free and works great and make sure you use a good firewall.

I don't format reinstall unless i have a error that i cant recover from or a brand new virus that makes a system restore impossible. Those 3 programs and also not having anything but what is necessary start up with windows. If you reformat or reinstall every couple months your really taking a toll on your hard drive.

4. TabbedOut

TabbedOut Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I would add Registry Mechanic to your list. Often a good registry scrubbing will get a system running as good as new. This is especially the case if you have eliminated viruses/spyware as culprits

5. pjbi667

pjbi667 Pen Pal - Newbie

hey every1
    i have a really weird problem.
    I have a TX1003AU with win vista.
    this is what i did:
    i made an extra partition (10 gb) out of the vista partition using acronis disk director suite n formatted it to NTFS.
    i booted wid a win XP tablet pc edition (sp2) cd and run d setup on the partition. The installation was not smooth and the setup kept on asking for sp2 disk...so what i did was i booted again using a windows XP prof SP3 cd and run setup. I formatted the same partition again using windows setup and installed the windows again. I left the vista partition intact.The installation went fine...but there wer a few problems :

1. most of the drivers are working fine except the ones using windows installer.....coz everytime i try installin them windows givs an error sayin dat Installer cannot be accessed or you are in Safe mode.
    2. i cannot open user accounts in control panel. i click on the icon but nothing happens.
    3. half of the things in accessories and system tools are not there and internet explorer is also not there.
    4. I cannot install most of the softwares coz of the windows installer thing.
    Its like the windows is stuck in safe mode.

I dont have a vista disk with me....n i didnt even make restore disks from vista.so i cant even get my vista running coz the xp boot does not recognize vista. and moreover i cant even get my vista running via VistabootPro coz i cannot install anything coz the windows installer is not workin. i even tried downloadin windows installer from the microsoft website and installin it but the problem is still there.
    What shud i do?? ....is there a problem wid my windows....shud i install windows again and how?
    or...should i download the alternate set of drivers without the installer thing..so i can get them workin...but still i wont be able to install anythin later on.wat shud i do?
    im stuck . help me out please..

6. wtfbollos

wtfbollos Pen Pal - Newbie

yeah thx M$ :rolleyes:

7. autonic

autonic Pen Pal - Newbie

Great work by the thread starter i must say!

I finally took the chance and installed xp on my tx1230 (bought in sweden).

I've installed all of the drivers but i seem to be stuck on more places than most of you guys.

First of all the video driver won't install. Manually pointing the driver wizard to the correct folder doesn't help, it just says that the driver is incompatible.
    Running the setup.exe won't work either (it starts but afte a while prompting "no supported hardware found"), nor trying to download drivers from nvidias website.

My second problem is the bluetooth chip. It does the same stunt as the graphics (above), initiates and then at the end of the process prompts "no hardware found".

And then there is the audio.
    I can install it with the executable that the thread starter provided, it finishes and asks for a reboot. After the reboot the volume icon wont show up but the system mananger doesn't report any missing audio drivers (they seem to be properly installed in the device mananger).
    In the Sound and Settings section of the control panel, however, the audio device is missing. I've tried reinstalling it a thousand times but no change.

Oh, and the Quick launch buttons are ****ing me up the ass too, but that's not that big of a deal.

I'm going crazy over here. I've spent a lot of hours on this piece of **** and i'm seriously starting to loose my cool.
    Some help would be truly appreciated.

8. olgox

olgox Pen Pal - Newbie

I just wanted to thank you for this great topic...
    BUT
    I, like recent posters, have got a problem too...
    My TX1000 was working fine until a day the touchscreen stopped working.
    I tried reinstalling the driver and uninstalling the device but it did not work...
    The device is being recognized by the system, but it is simply not working...
    I just don't know what to do...

Also, the DVD unit is not working properly...
    I think these errors are being generated by the OS, Windows XP Unatended Edition v7...

Can anybody help me?

I'm sorry if you cannot understand everything I write, but it happens to be that english is not my native language.

9. DArkVisor

DArkVisor Pen Pal - Newbie

@ pjbi667- Try pressing escape during the boot sequence, and make it boot from the vista recovery partition, if you can remember the letter. I think that should work,but let me know!

Hmm I seem to be having the same problem as Autonic with the audio drivers, nothing works except the system beep sound, which plays whenever a dialog opens, and I cant turn it off at all. This makes it annoying in a classroom, when all computers are supposed to be muted :(

10. autonic

autonic Pen Pal - Newbie

Exactly what model are you using DarkVisor?
    Mine is a tx1320eo (bought in europe, not that i know if it matters)

I've tried so many audio drivers that i've lost track of wich drivers i have installed or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.