hp tx1000 - Bringing in the charm of XP

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by ccfj1, Sep 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maagic

maagic Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi Everyone,
    Thanks for great thread! I managed to run XP on my tx1250ea before I found this forum, but thanks to it I tuned my XP a bit.

I thinking a bit ahead but soon or later I will have ti reinstall XP again. From my experience Windows become slow after a few months and fresh installation is recommended.

And here we have to do it all over again! A bit of nightmare installing all software and drivers.
    I think using Norton Ghost will do a job. Just make a image of partition.
    I'm going to do it.
    AND HERE MY QUESTION:

Is anyone know diffrent way to do it? Maybe similar software to make bootable image of partition? Something easey and quick?

REgards :)

2. Archie_hp

Archie_hp Pen Pal - Newbie

thanks to leepriestenator,and the rest.. who give epport to this thread...
    My tx1213au.. is perfectly upgrade to windows xp..

br.Mobility team

3. pcuser

pcuser Pen Pal - Newbie

my family member brought her notebook saying some viruses were detected by the software but cannot be deleted; also, the internet crawl like a snail...
    She teaches in a local high school and uses thumbdrive to transfer program from class computers which is often used by the students...
    I just run BartPE CD with Mcafee virus scan made from http://skyjuiceiswater.blogspot.com/2008/01/how-to-build-bootable-troubleshooting.html. The CD picks up about 270 viruses!!! of which bulk have been deleted automatically, the rest, manually... I am now making this BartPE troubleshooting CD for all my other family members.

4. DArkVisor

DArkVisor Pen Pal - Newbie

Finally got around to installing XP on my TX1219 :D
    But there are a few problems, for some reason when I try to install the Nvidia Go 6150 drivers, as directed (click on have disk) and direct it to the folder where I extracted them, it says that it cannot find any suitable drivers, and to click back if I have another directory :(
    Also, I installed the sound drivers, but when I try to open the Volume manager, it says something along the lines of Cannot find sound codec... And for some strange reason, whenever I press the touch screen it makes an extremely annoying beeping sound! Im not sure if this comes from the speakers or an internal buzzer though.
    Would anyone happen to have any solutions for these?
    Thanks

EDIT: Fixed the nvidia driver problem! The beeping sound still remains, and the unknown device, which from what I read are the buttons? And the sound error is :.....cannot be used because the required audio hardware cannot be found on your computer

5. happily

happily Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi all thanks for the topic,i have dual booted with xp its cool =)

However,one problem i face is that my Ethernet cant work, i have chatted with HP technician online, they gave me a link to download sp33411 driver for Ethernet NIC card, however it does not work,

Please give me some advice or the correct driver to make the Ethernet Lan work.

ps: i have got the modem driver and wireless LAN driver installed, it works good. now i need to make the wired Ethernet work

:eek:

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  6. DArkVisor

Have you installed the Nvidia chipset driver? I think that is what made ethernet work for me.

7. happily

happily Pen Pal - Newbie

ok i did it, works now, seems that there are many version of the driver that does not work.. the one the online HP technician gave me did not work.. the one i found on this thread works. thats the funny part.

i'm trying to get my rotation screen and stuffs work now, and the calibration stuffs etc but i'm not suceed yet..

p.s oh .. and tx 1000 is superbly efficient with xp instead of vista.

8. DArkVisor

Glad you got it working Happily!
    Also, I have not noticed any software for that yellow input box which pops up in vista when you want to handwrite something. Did anyone find any such programs? Without it its pretty pointless installing the handwriting recognition software!

9. D_a_v_i_d

D_a_v_i_d Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi guys,

A did a complete installation with all this drivers on my TX1320US and everything was perfect a few weeks ago.

Today i reinstaled XP, and for some reason i have a Unknow PCI DEVICE :confused: . Does anyone know which one is this device? everything else it's been installed succesfully...

Thanks

10. pcuser

pcuser Pen Pal - Newbie

Doubleclick the PCI Device and its properties screen will appear, the device ID in the detail tab should be able to tell you something about the driver... copy this to the web or post it here, you may get some help. Device Manager can be quite intellingent to find the correct drivers if one can lead it to the folder that contain the correct list of drivers..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.