hp tx1000 - Bringing in the charm of XP

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by ccfj1, Sep 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cybermarkkus

cybermarkkus Pen Pal - Newbie

I've been having a hard time trying to record sound with my TX. Ok, I DO hear my voice, I fiddled about with virtually all the buttons on the Realtek control panel (also used mic amplifier) but whatever I do, I get a awful lot of hiss in the background (I also tried with an external stereo mic). I played with general volume, the record level, etc. I realise notebooks are not meant as professional recording devices, but... What am I missing here?

Pilot version is 5.10.0.5436

TIA

2. kenshi8

kenshi8 Pen Pal - Newbie

Guys I need your help pls very bad. I followed the instruction on how to force the video driver. When Im in the Hardware update wizard, Im supposed to click on the Sound, Video, and Game Controllers right? After that i clicked on "have disk" after that I'm stuck in Install from disk. The option Copy manufacturer's files from gives me two option, 1 is drive A;\ the other is G:\
    I tried to write C:\Nvidia but it didn't work the error says "The specified location does not contain information about your hardware" This is where I'm stuck. Any help would be much appreciated. Im using tx1410US. I was able to install this driver before so I know it works but when I reformatted my Hard drive and reinstalled xp for the 2nd time, this time it didn't work. pls help thanks.

Also I'm just wondering is it possible to run OSX86 on tx1410US? If so How come I dont see any topic about it?

3. Ixidor

Ixidor Scribbler - Standard Member

Yeah, I was actually wondering the same thing. Does anyone know if OSX86 would run on an amd? (laptop mobile kind)

4. pcuser

pcuser Pen Pal - Newbie

Not too sure if it will run separately on OSX86.. but one will have difficulties getting the necessary drivers... if there are needs to run OSX86, can try to run Window Virtual 2007 on Vista... look at the demo here in this site

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pr...ualpc/support.mspx?wt_svl=20324a&mg_id=20324b

5. pcuser

pcuser Pen Pal - Newbie

It simply means that the computer could not find the driver..Don't think there is a separate HP Video Driver just for the TX.. try installing Quickplay instead..

6. pcuser

pcuser Pen Pal - Newbie

Try deactivating the Karaoke in the Sound Effect of the RealTek panel... this will remove the hiss background but one will have to increase the volume using Equalizer control...

7. alexinc

alexinc Pen Pal - Newbie

8. ncosper

ncosper Pen Pal - Newbie

alexinc,
    unfortunately I got the button working for pivot, but only after a fresh install of xp. After that I focused on making pivot work before I did anything else. I got it working and its great how well it works especially compared to how it worked pre-xp-upgrade.
    Ritepen is also a great program, its so much nicer to write anywhere rather than just in the stupid box vista gave you...

9. alexinc

alexinc Pen Pal - Newbie

would be interesting to know which version of display-driver u are using!? will try clean install again, as im still trying to get quickplay direct to work... :)

i think pivot-button just started working under vista after install of display-drivers, so this could be a solution for our problems... combination of quick launch buttons + rotate drivers + correct version of display-driver????!!!

10. ncosper

ncosper Pen Pal - Newbie

It don't think it is the display driver. I used the exact same one before the install as I did after. It was actually the only driver that worked, it is different than the ones listed in this thread. It is driver version 6.14.11.5655 published on 8/23/07.
    I couldn't figure out what the problem was but I know I had the same display driver installed pre and post xp reinstall.
    Why did you have to install any of the drivers with vista? Did you install a different version than the recovery install that is located on the d: partition? When I used the vista recovery there was no need to install any of the drivers everything was configured for the computer straight out of the recovery.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.