hp tx1000 - Bringing in the charm of XP

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by ccfj1, Sep 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

Thread has been merged by request.
    Expiring one-day redirect of previous thread to this thread has been initiated.

2. ncosper

ncosper Pen Pal - Newbie

This thread has been awesome for me performing the upgrade to xp! i appreciate everyones posts, but I am absolutely stumped on one of the devices listed. I have the exact same problem that djteeth did or still has. I cannot get ANY sound other than a system beep from time to time. I have installed the realtek drivers, but they really seem to do nothing. In my audio devices it is not listed, but I have a pci device the same that djteeth did that is listed as an unknown device. I have tried to install every driver I can think of to no avail. The device details are as follows: pci\Ven_10de&dev_026c&subsys_30bf103c&rev_a2\3&13c0b0c5&0&81.
    I looked up the device id and it seems to be the nvidia goforce 6150. I installed the video drivers and all is working fine. Everything is so close but it is torture not having audio. Any help is emensely appreciated!!

3. highlight

highlight Pen Pal - Newbie

There is no device under "Sound and game controllers"?

If not and you dont have any unknown device, use hwinfo to see what is your sound and audio device.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  4. ncosper

ncosper Pen Pal - Newbie

Thats a handy program!
    It tells me that my audio device is: nVIDIA MCP51 - High Definition Audio Controller. I can't seem to find a driver for that.
    Under sound video and game controllers I have a number of things:
    Audio codec's
    Bluetooth hands-free audio
    Bluetooth stereo audio
    Legacy audio drivers
    Legacy video capture drivers
    media control devices
    and Video codec's.

Any ideas??
    Thanks!

5. highlight

highlight Pen Pal - Newbie

It doesn't tell me much. It still looks like a realtek for me.

Do you have any unknown devices in your device manager?
    Did you try installing the latest Hd Audio codec driver from realtek website?

If that doesn't work, I will guess that you have a conexant audio device that is usually seen on DVR2500 series.

What is your tx model number? It seems like most ppl have no problem with realtek driver.

6. ncosper

ncosper Pen Pal - Newbie

The only unknown device listed in the device manager is the PCI device. I installed all of the realtek drivers I could find, from those in this post to those on the realtek website to anything I could find that resembled the right driver...
    My model number is tx1230us.
    It seems like it should have the realtek chip. If you pull that model on hps website under the downloads for drivers, at least for vista the audio driver is the realtek. I also remember seeing realtek....

7. pcuser

pcuser Pen Pal - Newbie

I am having also nVidia MCP 51 HD Audio Controller and the HD Audio Codec is realtek ALC862...

Try download the following driver file "stolen" from skyjuiceiswater blog site
    http://www.driveway.com/lcjze83106

Go to device Manager, find the question mark... double click it, then lead the device Manager to the folder that contain the driver either
    a) Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio or
    b) Realtek High Definition Audio

The Device Manager is intelligent enough to search for the missing driver or PCI driver to install once you lead it to any driver in the folder

8. ncosper

ncosper Pen Pal - Newbie

pcuser, you are the man! I hope this helps anyone else that ever run across this problem but that worked perfectly! The PCI device needed the updated driver located in the Microsoft UAA bus driver folder. It installed then another unknown device appeared. It was the modem so I used the driver in the Motorola SM56 speakerphone folder. Once that was complete there was a conflict in the high definition audio driver in the sounds and game controllers. I updated that driver with the realtek driver and Wualah! I have sound and no driver conflicts!
    You guys are great I really appreciate it!

9. gof31

gof31 Pen Pal - Newbie

THANKS for all the hard work you have done, this is great!
    hope you can help me with this info, i have a hp tx1420ca, do you think all the drivers you have found will work?
    thanks

10. pcuser

pcuser Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes.. the TX1xxx are all TX1000 series... they should share the same driver.. .why don't you give it a try...it won't hurt as the XP's device manager is quite intelligent to reject the incompatible drivers to prevent any harm to the computer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.