hp tx1000 - Bringing in the charm of XP

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by ccfj1, Sep 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. c.e.y.a

c.e.y.a Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello all,

I would like to thank for all your contributions and much appreciate to the OP for openning this topic.

there are couple of question that I need your intellegent help.

1. Everytime I was try to register the pivot software using its provided s/n, which gave me invalided. Is there a registered user name may required? if so, could someone please share?

2. the rotate button still not working, is it possible because my pivot is on 30-day trial as mentioned above?

For your reference, I am on window xp tablet, which used 2 cds for installing.

Thank you

2. leepriestenator

leepriestenator Pen Pal - Newbie

Try installing the Quick Button Software. I had a similar problem. Pivot did not work until I installed the Quick Button Software.

The software provided (Pivot) is not meant for you to use as warez. Contact the developers of Pivot if you want to use the software.

3. c.e.y.a

c.e.y.a Pen Pal - Newbie

Got it !
    Appreciated for your quick responding.

Another the question please. The ritepen did not recognize my handwriting.
    Is there a way to fix it?

Thank you

4. alladin

alladin Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello All,
    This is awesome. I can't believe how great this is. Actually, since xp takes up less resources, the cpu runs less and the fan runs less and I get a lot more battery out of this. I get at least a good 2 hours out of this machine, which is a lot more than before. Thanks a lot guys.

5. leepriestenator

leepriestenator Pen Pal - Newbie

@c.e.y.a.... hmmm... I don't think you need RitePen considering you are using XP Tablet Edition. It already comes with it's own set of handwriting recognition tools. ritePen was suggested as a means of enabling HR for XP Pro machines.

Maybe someone else here can clear this up for you.

@Alladin... yes i've noticed that too. The fewer resources used by XP combined with the Dynamic CPU Speed Switching feature of NHC have greatly reduced the running temperature and battery drain of the TX. However I have noticed that my battery has a 27% wear considering it's only about 9 months old and never leaves the charger.

6. c.e.y.a

c.e.y.a Pen Pal - Newbie

I know. But somehow it did not recognize the hand writing, there so I thought that ritepen may help. Seems it doesn't.

Thanks for the input

7. dkny2000

dkny2000 Pen Pal - Newbie

hi guys

thank you leepriestenator for your help
    all the hardeware of my hp tx1350ee workink like magic
    but do you have sn for ritepen?

thank you & best regards 4 all

8. zze86

zze86 Pen Pal - Newbie

okay, I received my TX yesterday but I need some help loading XP onto the machine. It basically goes into a perpetual loop. I get past the formatting screen, XP copies its files, then it asks to be rebooted. It reboots but it just goes through the process all over again. I attempted to have it boot from the HDD and it seems like it doesn't recognize that there is a HDD. How do I load drivers for the HDD or what am I doing wrong here?

while trying to re-install vista, I get to the recovery manager and I get error 0x4001100200001004. I have no idea what this is

edit: Ok, I think I need the driver for the SATA HDD to be able to continue. Tried reinstalling Vista and it's crapping out on me. If someone could email or pm it to me it would be most helpful. It's the 250GB if it makes any difference. Thanks!

9. c.e.y.a

c.e.y.a Pen Pal - Newbie

to install window xp into that hp tx1000z without serial driver, you must have the xp with sp2 integrated.

been there done that!

[torrent link removed - kindly do not post torrent links for illegal software sources on the forums]

you need the tablet s/n in order to reach to its second cd while installing.

10. zze86

zze86 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks so much! I'll give that a shot when I get home tonight!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.