HP tx Series Notebook Stand

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by khael, May 25, 2009.

1. pff1029

pff1029 Scribbler - Standard Member

I couldn't recommend the Cricket more heartily. I use it at a 40° angle in landscape mode for Journal, OneNote, and painting and 40° or 50° in portrait mode for viewing Google Mail or Reader. It simply works the way I want it to, with an industrial look that wows people who've never seen a stand so sleek. I know how to tilt the tablet to hit the visibility sweet spot on my screen, and it makes reading the screen so much easier. With my six-cell in place, the battery touches the table so it provides good stability, too. The only thing I'm worried about is whether the stand opens too deep for me to put it onto a school desk. Other than that, it came in two days because I'm fifty miles from their HQ in Easton, PA!

2. Skratch

Skratch Pen Pal - Newbie

I just bought this. (The TX series stand, I mean.) I think it's pretty good. Just to correct a misconception, you CAN use this with the 8 cell battery. It fits through a cutout in the panel. This stand doesn't actually fold flat. The support fits into a series of holes and the support for the quickdock detaches. The overall build quality is high. The plastic is very thick and the support has no flex.

3. hitodenashi

hitodenashi Pen Pal - Newbie

Seems nice, but you also have: http://h41306.www4.hp.com/artikelDe...d=in_rm_r2515_de_de_dsc_hho_20080704072725199

and this one: http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/s...+stations&product_code=KG461AA#ABA&catLevel=2

I could not find the xb3000 on the usa site though, it was there before (maybe they plan on phasing it out.

The price difference is there though, but it's one of the more feature rich docks available.

If you plan on getting the quickdock, consider these stands, as they come with integrated speakers, hdd bay, wireless keyboard and mouse.

The only thing missing is a docking port on the bottom of the tablet.
    The dock cable on the side of the tablet is ungainly and stupid :(

4. hitodenashi

hitodenashi Pen Pal - Newbie

In my experience the tx2xxx series doesn't need much cooling, so this base is of limited use if any (if you know to set up power options).

What the tx series sorely needs is a titled base, because of the limited viewing angles, and easier inking.

I find myself constantly propping the tablet with remotes and whatnot to get it at an comfortable angle.

I just saw the Cricket pictures, very nice, it's really portable. I want one!
    Would someone ship it to me to Europe? Pretty please? :D

5. jwfisher

jwfisher TabletPC Enthusiast

No you don't... there is a hole out the back for it to fit thru. It easily goes in.

6. ArfurAnt

ArfurAnt Pen Pal - Newbie

Has anyone found this available in or delivered to the U.K.

7. noxis

noxis Pen Pal - Newbie

I was just about to ask the same thing!

8. jd2r

jd2r Pen Pal - Newbie

I currently have the TX stand along with the 8-cell battery (and yes it does work well as stated bc of the cut out in the back for the battery) however the thing is not very portable. Before getting the stand, I was hoping the support would fold into the stand, instead it just props out of its holes and then u have two pieces to worry about if your moving from say desk to another table.

I must say I'm on the verge of buying the Cricket laptop stand, but was wondering if anyone using an 8-cell battery has used it and any opinions on it as the 8-cell battery does prop the laptop up from one side...?

9. Mikeybee

Mikeybee Pen Pal - Newbie

10. khael

khael Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello =)
    i would like to buy this stand, but i have a question:

on summer is very hot and notebook go over 90°;
    is possible to use a fan with this stand?

thank you =)