HP tx Series Notebook Stand

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by khael, May 25, 2009.

1. Carl2000

Carl2000 Pen Pal - Newbie

Attached Files:

2. gordoncahill

gordoncahill Scribbler - Standard Member

I would be carefull. At $49.00 I very much doubt it includes the quickdock shown in the picture.

Nice looking stand though. I wonder if I can get one sent to Oz. I already have the quickdock.

Gordon

*edit* now I read that the quick dock is extra. Still a nice stand though.

3. Archangel

Archangel Pen Pal - Newbie

I use my tx2011AU for work, and im thinking it would be nice to have the stand, but I'm also hesitant about spending alot of money on something that might not be beneficial (I could probably make a stand and just use my USB keyboard).

4. cyberbiker

cyberbiker Scribbler - Standard Member

5. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

That Rosewill doesn't tilt up the tablet nearly as much as the stand above. A proper and affordable stand is one thing our community really needs. If it was compact enough to be portable, it'd be a boon in the classroom where it'd reduce the effects of the glare from flourescent lights.

6. ScotchtapeLoser

ScotchtapeLoser Scribbler - Standard Member

I had the same problem of the flourescent light being right above my desk in my office. I ended up digging around and finding a cookie cooling rack to use. Its similar to the one shown in the link. I end up having one set of legs overhanging the edge of my desk. This slight angle is enough to set the reflection off of my viewing section. having the rack on the edge of the desk also prevents resting my forearms on the corner of the desk which can pinch the nerve there after repetitive use. There isn't a risk of knocking it off the desk since there is virtually no overhang and most of the weight on the Tx series is in the battery on the backside.

cookie cooling rack

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  7. cyberbiker

cyberbiker Scribbler - Standard Member

8. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

It's still not anywhere near the same. Your Rosewill is like my Zalman NC2000, both of which require us to lean over the tablet. The stand above allows you to sit back in your chair and still see the screen clearly. It's something like a 50° difference between your cooler and the stand above, which is like the difference in speeds of a school bus and a Ferrari Enzo, or the hotness of Rosanne Barr to Jessica Alba.....not close at all. Pics for comparison...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Carl2000

Carl2000 Pen Pal - Newbie

It's in stock now! Any one buy it yet? It's weird that HP doesn't include this in the TX 2000 customization page. They show the Xb 3000 docking station instead.

10. Art

Art Scribbler - Standard Member

Minor necro post here.

I was poking about for news on the TX2500 and came across a video of a rep showing off a TX2000 with the new dock. He gives a quick show around the dock about 2:30 in, for anyone still interesting in taking a peek.