HP TouchSmart TX2 in the UK?

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TX2 (N-trig)' started by v1sper, Jan 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. v1sper

v1sper Poweruser

Anyone got any info on when this laptop is arriving in the UK?

Back in October/November several news sites and blogs reported on this being available from January 2009 for about (estimated) £799.
    Gizmodo UK TrustedReviews Stuff.tv Cnet

Now that HP has shut down their TX2500-series over here, when is their TX2 arriving in stores?

Need infoz!

2. Art

Art Scribbler - Standard Member

Knowing the hash they made with the TX2500 release I wouldn't take any of HP UK's actions as signs of anything. They announced it in August and I think it was October before they actually started shipping some of them.

You might have to hold your breath for a while! :p

3. adam.mt

adam.mt Super Moderator Senior Member

I thought it would be delayed when no pre-orders arrived at the end of last year, so guess it ain't coming this month. Most likely February, if not later.

The falling price of sterling may also make them reconsider the price point (thinking pessimistically).

No idea why there should be a delay, and doubt you'll get through to anybody at HP that does either. You don't use anything by giving them a call though, so I suggest that.

4. v1sper

v1sper Poweruser

Man, that sucks >_<

Maybe I can eBay one from the United States! Gonna browse a bit right now..

5. Art

Probably the fastest idea, but watch you don't get stung for import tax. If you do it'll cost you an extra 17.5% + an £8 handling fee, if I remember right.

6. Robtang

Robtang Scribbler - Standard Member

15% now =) but as the pound is a good bit weaker now not sure if its such a good idea ?

I think its worth waiting a bit longer, if only for some more comments on win7+ multitouch comments.

7. v1sper

v1sper Poweruser

Yeah well, I really want to get my hands on one of the HP tablet PCs and at the moment there are none to get hold of in the UK :(

8. Art

'Tis indeed! I'd forgotten about that!

v1sper: yeah, for some reason most companies seem to think that the UK doesn't want tablets. What a great way to get people to buy more eh? Don't advertise them and make them import them from somewhere else... :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.