HP TouchSmart tm2

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by ColorPrint, Jan 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

I'm now more perturbed b/c that would mean the tm2 doesn't use the same 2 finger multitouch as the x200t. (newer MT version)

2. heatlesssun

heatlesssun Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Pardon my ignorance, in your sticky with the multi-touch driver, how did you determine to use this driver? Thanks!

3. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

the driver was from another tm2 users machine (some users were reporting they had no wacom drivers on their machines.)

Bamboo driver - was recommended to another user by a wacom engineer.

4. MobileTechReview

MobileTechReview Scribbler - Standard Member

That's my video review and the TM2 didn't lag. YouTube did something wrong when processing that video and the frame rate isn't quite right nor the overall brightness. The framerate issue and darkness may make it look like the ink is lagging. Unfortunately, YouTube doesn't allow re-upload of videos, you can only delete them and start from scratch.

5. doc Holliday

doc Holliday Pen Pal - Newbie

My wacom issues are pretty much resolved except for one. Sketchbook pro doesn't play nice with the tablet pc input service which is required for the virtual keyboard and other tablet friendly features. Any thoughts?

This is probably a sketchbook issue, so this might not be the right place.

6. heatlesssun

Can you encode video before its uploaded to YouTube?

7. Greenlaw

Greenlaw I like pie.

A while back when I was looking into this for my own uploads, I read that you used to be able to upload using whatever codec YouTube used, and the movie would appear immediately. This is no longer the case however. These days, YouTube apparently always re-encodes just to be sure the file is 'optimized' for their system; it will do this no matter what codec or video format you use.

8. Greenlaw

Greenlaw I like pie.

So far drawing in Photoshop has been quite good with this tablet, and the more I use it the better I feel about the pressure sensitivity. It is different from working with an Intuos or Cintiq, but I'm coming to believe that as you keep using it, you will adjust naturally.

From what I can tell, the difference is that on the Intuos or Cintiq tablet, the weight of the pen alone is almost enough pressure to draw the finest and faintest lines, but on this tablet with the HP pen it's definitely not enough; on the tm2 you have to press just a little harder than you expect to get a fine/faint line. Maybe this has to do with the clear coating on the glass (it feels like there's a layer of plastic on it,) or maybe because the pen is smaller and lighter than the standard Intuos/Cintiq pen, or both. In any case, you can get used to it quickly with practice. What might help is to do some pen stroke warm up exercises just before drawing, which I occasionally do anyway.

I'm still looking forward to using a full sized pen though. :)

(Edit: It's important to note that I haven't done anything in print res on this tablet yet.)

9. heatlesssun

Greenlaw,

Have you been working with the tm2 in portrait mode on a flat surface? How does it feel? Thanks!

10. cgblues

cgblues Pen Pal - Newbie

I've installed Photoshop CS4 and got the dreaded exclamation mark for the pen pressure. I unistalled it and reinstalled my old CS2. Same thing. Photoshop isn't recognizing my TM2 as a tablet. Any idea what the problem could be seeing others have gotten the tablet to recognize theirs?

Thanks
    Daryl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.