HP TouchSmart tm2

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by ColorPrint, Jan 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heatlesssun

heatlesssun Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I guess a lot of it has to to with the the size, strength and conditioning of the individual. I'm 6'2" 250lbs, not in great shape but not a total couch potato, been getting into a little better shape of the last year, I've lost 40 lbs and actually feel better and stronger than I have in years. Something that weighs less than five pounds and is the shape of a tx2 or tm2 I can pick up and carry with ease with either hand.

2. heatlesssun

Not sure how you're holding it, is it possible to get it in a better position that's comfortable?

The HP software should be in a backup folder or partition I believe.

3. Synergi

Synergi Scribbler - Standard Member

That has nothing to do with it. People want ultra portables for a reasons. Netbooks sell not just because they are cheap, but because they are light and more enjoyable to carry around. Its not a matter of not being able to move my 7 pound laptop around, it's that I don't want to move it around. I like portables that are easy to use with one hand. Which is why lighter is better. The longer you hold something the heavier it gets, which is again why people like lighter.

4. sharaktengu

sharaktengu Scribbler - Standard Member

Pretty much. But in my case it's like this: The reasons I don't carry around my 15 incher more than once a week are because(order of relevance):
    1. Not a tablet, in a seminar with only 7 people holding a screen between yourself and the professor is rude.
    2. It only has 1.5 hours of battery life on power saver with 10% brightness
    3. Weight,( if it were a tablet I could save alot on the paper work I need to carry but not being one the weight keeps going up: 7 pound laptop + 7 pounds worth of paperwork sure affects my mobility)

I could add the size as an issue but I can cope with a 15 incher no prob, a 12incher seems like the best size for mobile complete laptop.

5. heatlesssun

The object doesn't get heavier, the person's muscles tire. The stronger and more conditioned the person is, the more weight the he or she can move comfortably for longer periods of time.

6. mcdull

mcdull Pen Pal - Newbie

I believe the 1800 uses is bogus, I can't believe it hasn't been used up by now, it's already 5 days or more. The code is not only for TM2 but most laptops. Probably they will expire it when finally they have reached the sales goal.
    If it's a Dell coupon, which usually also has uses limit, it will be all used up in a day or 2.

7. heatlesssun

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking because it's what made be buy when I did for fear of missing out on a good deal. HP has sold more than 1800 laptops since the code started floating around.

8. Synergi

Synergi Scribbler - Standard Member

So you are saying its not the laptops problem but your own problem for not lifting weights so you can hold a 5 pounder on your arm for longer lengths of time?

By the way, I do strength training 3 times a week and cardio two and that has absolutely nothing to do with a heavy laptop. I guess I need to be MORE buffed (sarcasm as I'm a girl.)then.

9. heatlesssun

All I am saying is that if muscles never tire, then why wouldn't a person be able to hold an object indefinitely?

The object would feel just as heavy after one hour as after one minute would it not?

10. papi

papi Scribbler - Standard Member

That's a bummer.

Any idea if the recovery discs can be used to install a second Windows 7 onto a second partition? To be more specific, can I create a new partition D:, leave the C: drive with its original Windows 7 and its boatload of bloatware as is, and install a clean Windows on D: drive using the recovery discs?

My experience has been with Dells which come with full Windows discs which allow me to do the above. I'm afraid recovery discs would only allow me to wipe the C: drive clean and reload the factory OS with the usual crapware.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.