HP TouchSmart tm2

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by ColorPrint, Jan 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E1000

E1000 Scribbler - Standard Member

For all those in the UK the HP TM2 in now available to order direct from HP. Shipping in 4 weeks!

2. heatlesssun

heatlesssun Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Just check FedEx site and I should have my tm2 Wednesday morning. It's like Christmas in February!

Has any one been using OneNote in portrait mode extensively? That's going to be my main ink app and I wish I has been able to see one of these things before I bought it but it seems that most people were saying the slant isn't a big deal.

It's really hard to tell from all the pictures I've seen really just how much it really does slant.

3. simi

simi Pen Pal - Newbie

Played around with mine for a couple of hours and decided to have a clean Win7 install as I do not need the demo software. I found the drivers but where can I download the HP software such as HP Update or the graphics adapter switcher?

First impressions: What really bothers me is the WLAN hardware switch at the right side - tonight I deactivated WLAN 10 times unintentionally... Moreover the "End"-key is missing (ok - could have seen that before ;)) and I have to get used to the touchpad as I am used to physical mouse buttons... In tablet mode it is becoming quite heavy having it on my lap and due to the battery the balance-point is unfavorable in the back of the case (IMO).

But anyway - I think I will like the tm2 when I am used to it - touch is great :D

4. heatlesssun

heatlesssun Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Sorry for your issues. I must admit its hard for me to comprehend something weighing less that 5 lbs feeling heavy in my lap.

Have you tried inking in tablet portrait mode yet? How does that feel?

5. Synergi

Synergi Scribbler - Standard Member

Very easy. I had to put away my 2.8 pound netbook away to get read for the TM2. I'm using my 7.3 pound Asus. I'm hoping 10 days from now it will seem very light compared to the Asus. The issue for me is when they get heavy I stop taking them room to room. My Asus is either on the sofa or my desk, but it doesn't see any other rooms. While my netbook. I can pick that up one hand..light weight and I carry it all over the house.

6. kash7777

kash7777 Pen Pal - Newbie

anyone know of a decent screen protector for the TM2 that will work with the touch? I read the photodon crystal clear does not so I'm not sure which one would be best now. Also, this DOES come with the pen, correct? when you ordered it had a checkbox for buying a pen for 25 but I assumed it came with one already anyways.

I can't wait to unload my tx2z, the tm2 sounds like everything the tx2 should have been, decent battery life, no heat, the crazy fan noise gone and a digitizer from wacom that works with pressure levels in adobe apps.

7. Synergi

Synergi Scribbler - Standard Member

It comes with a pen Kash, that option is if you want an extra pen.

8. whazzup

whazzup Scribbler - Standard Member

can i ask, how's the calibration of the pen like? like for the tx series, the pen cursor strays a bit from the tip of the pen as it gets near the edges of the screen.

9. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I DO NOT recommend that you do calibration of Penabled TPCs. It just makes it worse, not better. The last 2 TPCs I bought, I NEVER did calibration after fresh install.

And yes, the nature of EMR boards is that the pen will drift a bit at the edges.

10. simi

simi Pen Pal - Newbie

No it is not heavy of course. What I mean is that you have to tilt it in landcape tablet mode - this is getting heavy due to the battery. I will try it tomorrow with the battery bulge down :)

Can the HP software be downloaded somewhere or is preinstalled exclusively? I did not find anything on hp.com :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.