HP TouchSmart tm2

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by ColorPrint, Jan 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bozo8787

bozo8787 Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone know if the tm2 is compatible with an Intel X25-M G2 SSD?

Edit:Two peeps in other forum mentioned that it would be compatible. Don't mean to double post in different forums, just looking for correct answer.

2. ninetynine

ninetynine Pen Pal - Newbie

In all likelyhood it will work. There is a possibility that the TM2 will use 1.8" HDD but it's unlikely.

And for those worried about a step down in raw power, there is certainly a slight decrease. I think the C2D CULV gets ~4.1 on Windows Experience Index for CPU while a 2ghz AMD Turion X2 gets a 4.9.

The thing is, anyone with an AMD runs it in power saving mode so it doesn't fry and gets atleast acceptable battery life, you end up with a downclocked processor that gets around 4 hours of batttery life that feels sluggish, especially when you have multiple tabs with flash content.

With a C2D CULV, you can run in Balanced Mode and still get 8 hours of battery life with full speed and a responsive experience.

3. Yianaki

Yianaki Pen Pal - Newbie

I am so happy the TM2 is the same weight as the tx2500. As soon as heard about it I figured with the slower intel cpu they could get it down to about 3 pounds. Yippie. Since it's slower I don't feel the overwhelming need to upgrade anymore. I guess I will just go and open up my tx2500 and slap some artic silver on the CPU and hopefully that will destroy my heat issues. I play simple mp3's and the fan starts up which annoys me.

Unlike a lot of people's comments on the capacitive tx2 (similar I believe to TM2) I am extremely precise with my touchscreen. I can get even the smallest buttons with the tip of my fingernail.

Thankfully the more I think about the tm2 unknowns and possible negatives my geeklust has died down.

4. sharaktengu

sharaktengu Scribbler - Standard Member

You being a proud owner of a tx2500, I have nothing to argue against you at this time based on the lack of information on the tm2. If I was aware that tablet's existed back when the tx2500 was still selling I would also be a proud owner like yourself. But since I've waited for the tx2 to die out, I can't help but say that HP nailed my dream tablet. culv, wacom, battery life, ( And I have to confess that I was lusting for a metalic finish, hurray for me)+ Multitouch as responsive as I've seen in the video is iceing on the cake.

5. sharaktengu

sharaktengu Scribbler - Standard Member

6. Tiezep

Tiezep technology enthusiast

that's what I did, and did a clean install of win7. I also put it back and the box and unwrapped mine again, it's like getting a new pc.

seriously, this new lappy of mine can play halo 2 vista without breaking 80' C... also it's not hot to the touch the now,
    -Tyler

7. bozo8787

bozo8787 Pen Pal - Newbie

I could be wrong but this comment appears to be threefold: Denial, sour grapes and rationalization.

My brother has one and its like furnace run by a rechargeable nickel cadmium battery that can't last long. He's had to change the motherboard already cause so much heat warped it. Luckily for him it was still under warranty. All he talks about is waiting for a newer model. You got one thing correct, it's heavy as hell.

8. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

The unit at CES was running 1.6Ghz Core 2 Duo. I have video, but have to upload it first...

9. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

10. arglebargle2

arglebargle2 Pen Pal - Newbie

[​IMG]

I found a different benchmarking site that scores the u9600 a lot better than the previous site I had seen.

Going to have to wait until actual benchmarks on the tablet are done to see how it runs I guess.

I dont gimp my tx2510us to keep it from getting hot, I keep it on high performance and let the fan blow hot air. Never had an issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.