HP TouchSmart tm2

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by ColorPrint, Jan 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meatlocker

Meatlocker Software Development Pro

My power slider sticks as well. I think this is to prevent accidental on/off when handling the machine, since a tablet is more likely to have buttons inadvertently pressed. I definitely think it could have been designed better, though. It feels like it is going to snap every time I use it.

I should clarify that the touchscreen timeout issue does not affect the digitizer pen, only when using finger touch. The screen always responds to the pen.

2. Meatlocker

Meatlocker Software Development Pro

It's a little awkward, truth be told. As someone mentioned previously, it is easier to ink in landscape mode with the hump on top with this machine. It may be easier for others in portrait, but that is my opinion (since you asked).

3. Juke

Juke Pen Pal - Newbie

does the tm2 only supports 2 fingers?

4. r3fr4cti0n

r3fr4cti0n Pen Pal - Newbie

i have been using a tablet pc for a year now daily, for school business and personal notes. i think that the slate mode is just a selling point and not easily usable in a practical situation. The main reasons for this is the writing/ink size, glare, screen space and friction. i dont know about you but my handwriting is about medium size so tho the screen is appx 6 inches high turned sideways is not alot of room to write inside of a plastic border. Also you almost always have a glare unless you tilt the pc this is hard when you are writing on a table the rubber feet also make it hard to "spin" the pc to match how you spin a notebook to jot a note. There is a bit of a learning curve with a digitizer/stylus because unlike a pen you watch where the dot is mover Underneath the screen on a pen you watch the tip of the pen and there is virtually no friction so a steadier hand will need to develop. With landscape mode you simply have more room to write, so you can write larger with less precision. Keep in mind that his is not like a 5 star notebook with a clip board this sucker is a 5lb chuck of plastic and aluminum, with rubber feet i had to basically retrain myself on how i take notes and my posture for inking stuff down. its all little stuff but together it is a little bit akward at first. However after a month you start to see and feel why tablet pc really may take over! life has become very organized and efficient and fun there is not place that i go where i dont basically take my pc with me if nothing else for my calender and sticky-notes on the desktop.

wow that was longer than i thought it would be,hope that helped lol

5. r3fr4cti0n

i have seen up to 10 on some applications

6. MobileTechReview

MobileTechReview Scribbler - Standard Member

I get two fingers in MS Paint. Got 4 fingers with the old TX2z and the n-trig beta 2.59 driver.

7. r3fr4cti0n

Chrono52, open up onenote. when you write with stylus sensitivity is measured by the tip of the stylus. the tip is a a mechanism not just a sold peace of plastic. it moves up and down so when you write that little peace of plastic should "float" between the stylus you are holding and the screen. so when you Draw a line in onenote, the harder you press the thicker the line.

8. r3fr4cti0n

only 2? oh man thats not good, thats old tech i have seen vids of 10 flanges months ago, i thought wacom has been in the works of this dual screen for a few years now!?

anybody else only getting 2 fingers in mspaint?

9. KensingtonPark

KensingtonPark Pen Pal - Newbie

I only get two fingers in MS Paint. When I try to use three fingers, I get spots instead of brushstrokes.

In addition, I don't have OneNote on this machine. I have the whole MS Office suite, but not OneNote.

10. heatlesssun

heatlesssun Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Thanks r3fr4cti0n! I've had four other convertible tablet pcs over the years so the general experience of inking I'm familiar with and I current have a tx2 and I ink on it all the time and it has a glossy screen so I understand the light issues as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.