HP TouchSmart tm2

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by ColorPrint, Jan 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erock

erock Pen Pal - Newbie

Wacom just needs to make a laptop already-

2. Fujilives

Fujilives Pen Pal - Newbie

Awesome Bozo! I've seen people 'waiting for a file' from someone for months at a time before, I thought we might have been boned on this one. My heart sank and I was like "Noooooo!!" and now my hopes are high again!

Can't wait for this freaking review! I want to see PS and Painter in action asap!

/excited! ^^

3. Synergi

Synergi Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm glad you guys got the pen sensitivity fixed. Does anyone know how many levels it is versus using a Wacom pad? I look forward to the rest of the review on the HP.

4. MobileTechReview

MobileTechReview Scribbler - Standard Member

No need for the Bamboo drivers, just the Wacom drivers provided by bozo8787.

5. MobileTechReview

BTW, after installing bozo8787's Wacom drivers, under device manager my machine lists the Wacom Virtual Device Driver but not the Wacom HID Digitizer shown in Bozo's screen shot a few pages back. Yet another missing driver, this one for touch maybe? Though the touch screen seems to work fine other than going to sleep when not used for several minutes (that may be by design).

6. bozo8787

bozo8787 Pen Pal - Newbie

Ready for another curve ball?

The Wacom HID Digitizer (which your referring to) I took a screenshot was that when I uninstalled all the default ones on the TM2 and installed the Wacom suggested by Tigerlilly.

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1104&d=1264869659 HID Digitizer was with Wacom Driver provided by Tigerlilly (Notice only 2 Wacom)

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1102&d=1264861282 This is with default TM2 Wacom (Notice only 2 Wacom, but one is different-HID pen is missing)

Now for the curve ball.

I know have all three!
    Edit:
    screenshot.All3.jpg All three are here. Could this be the combination that Tigerlilly was referring to b4?
    Could somebody bring some clarity to this?

It would be helpful if other TM2 owners could report or take screenshots to compare and contrast.

Edit2:
    Screenshots of all 3 with "Details"
    screenshot.10.jpg screenshot.9.jpg screenshot.8.jpg

In conclusion, it would appear as if the one you have is the only one needed. Or I could be wrong, it's known to happen to me on occasion.

7. MobileTechReview

Now wouldn't it be nice if all the TM2s out there shipped with:
    1) the same drivers
    2) correct drivers, while we're at it ;)

8. Meatlocker

Meatlocker Software Development Pro

Seconded. And while we are at it, I would like to know the story with the timeout value of the touchscreen. It seems random - sometimes programs will launch without immediate touch capability and it takes a few seconds for the program to get registered with the touch system. Other times, the screen stops responding to touch after 10 seconds of non-use and must be 'woken back up' (as you pointed out). I hope this gets sorted.

Additionally, there remains an issue with the orientation of the screen, which was part of my original complaint. Changing the order of the screen orientation in the tablet settings (even after the auto-rotation fix) does not stick. The rotation of the screen always follows the default pattern - Prim. Landscape, Prim. Portrait, Sec. Landscape, Sec. Portrait.

Lastly, I have been working with an HP 'Case Manager' since Weds, and have gotten them to agree to a one year extension of my warranty for my troubles (and their ineptitude) in trying to get my issues resolved. I recommend that anyone else subjected to the 7th Circle Of HP Support Hell ask for the same if your issue gets escalated to a Case Manager.

9. ChronoT52

ChronoT52 Pen Pal - Newbie

OK...I've been reading back up on this thread (I was one of the first to get the TM2.) What's this deal with the multitouch drivers? Do I need to update mine? I do have a Wacom folder under my SWSetup/Drivers folder. In Device Manager, my Wacom Virtual Hid Driver is version 2.9.2.4 dated 9/21/09, and my Wacom HID Pen is version 6.1.7600.16385 dated 6/21/2006. It does not seem that I have the Wacom HID Digitizer installed under Device Manager

10. jkenny23

jkenny23 Scribbler - Standard Member

Wonder if HP will have their software mess sorted out by the time mine ships.. sounds like I've got quite a lot of work ahead of me if not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.