Hp tm2 no longer available in UK

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by Chmusar, Mar 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chmusar

Chmusar Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello

Can anyone who is in the know tell me why i can no longer purchase the TM2 in the uk from HP is it due to a upcoming model as HP have told me it will not be replaced in the UK. Also any good resellers in the USA that would ship a TM2 to the UK.

Thanks

David

2. Zimoich

Zimoich Pen Pal - Newbie

Similar in Finland, 90% of the resellers just stopped marketing the TM2 at all around new year.
    Also the german price comparison engine (geizahls) I used, now only has 1 or 2 resellers left and the tm2 cost on average a 100-200€ more than 6 months ago.

3. marcelo

marcelo Pen Pal - Newbie

There goes HP again, dropping the ball in marketing these amazing machines. :(

4. prepseb

prepseb Scribbler - Standard Member

Sounds more like a refresh.

5. Zimoich

Zimoich Pen Pal - Newbie

6. jesa

jesa Pen Pal - Newbie

7. prepseb

8. Johnny_j

Johnny_j Pen Pal - Newbie

i called hp (uk) a couple of months ago and they said that they were discountinuing the current model and bringing a model out. so i decided not to buy and wait for the new model, hoping it was the i5 model (which the 2740 model seems to be but cost twice as much).

about 2 weeks ago i called hp back up, to ask as to when the new model would come out. this time the rep said that the infomation i was given was wrong and that they are discountinuing the whole tm2 range across europe, including the i5 models.

i missed a lot of good deals waiting for nothing and it made it harder to find the tm2 anywhere as they are selling out. the price seems to be increasing by the week as well.

9. prepseb

They will come up with something new. But I hope it will not be an Android tablet!

Actually, the Asus EP121 is pretty interesting.

10. Johnny_j

Johnny_j Pen Pal - Newbie

a lot of people dont seem to know the difference between a tablet pc and a slate with android/apple os. often thinking that a tablet pc is a slate (like the dell duo) and wonder why they are so big and heavy when compared to the ipad. thats what i seem to notice anyway.

i think they are bringing out a slate with webos and they have the touchsmart pc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.