HP TC4200 & The Screen

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by trauts, Apr 12, 2005.

1. trauts

trauts Pen Pal - Newbie

I tried an acer tablet PC about a year and a half ago. The screen felt very solid, and seemed like it would be difficult to scratch.

I read a review on the TC4200, and it said the screen was soft and "felt like writing on paper."

This worries me, as it sounds like I'm going to have to put a huge screen protector on it.

Any ideas? Advice?

2. Brian

Brian Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Which review? I've used it only a little bit at trade shows and felt like the surface was solid and more natural. Perhaps that's what the author meant. keep in mind they're not shipping production models yet, so it could have been an issue that's been resolved.

3. trauts

trauts Pen Pal - Newbie

This article: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1758840,00.asp

Here's my question, then, I guess. Should I wait for a production model review, or am I probably set going off of the other reviews out there? I'm thinking HP wouldn't ship out something with major flaws if changes were planned, right?

4. Brian

Brian Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I think it's irresponsible for PC Mag to put out a review of something 3 months before a final version ships. It's not much of a review anyway, needless to say I'm not putting much stock in their thoughts.

If you can't wait for a full review by us or someone more reliable, you might want to buy from a store with a reasonable return policy, just to cover yourself.

5. trauts

trauts Pen Pal - Newbie

Sadly enough, i never thought of that :eek:

I'm ordering directly through HP... I want to customize everything.