HP tc4200 Pen Driver issues

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by DBraxt, Jan 25, 2011.

1. DBraxt

DBraxt Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello all,
    First I would like to say that I have searched, but have not found an answer to this particular question. I recently picked up an Hp tc4200 tablet. It runs vista business for tablets. My pen came half smashed to bits, so I purchased another one online. The problem I am having is that after installing the driver from the hp website, the new pen works fine, but then after closing my computer or going into standby, and starting my computer back up, the pen will not work unless I reinstall and restart my computer again. Is their any perminant fix to my pen problem?

2. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

Hi DBraxt,

I'm thinking that the Tablet PC service is either not starting up after waking up or the it's hanging. Anyways, let's check to see if the TabletInputService (or similar service along the lines of "tablet" or "pen") has been started. Go to Start, Run (or search for "Run" if using Vista), and type in: services.msc

Next, find the TabletInputService in the listing of Windows services, double click that entry, and make sure that it matches up as depicted below:
    [​IMG]
    The two main options to look at are the dropbox is set to automatic, and that the service has indeed been started.

You might also want to get the service to restart automatically if it does fail:

Go to the Recovery tab, and this is what I have it set at:

[​IMG]

Apply and OK to save the settings.

===

If the above doesn't work, try installing, instead, the Wacom Penabled drivers. First uninstall the HP-supplied Pen driver then grab the drivers from here and install: http://www.wacom.com/U/drivers/TabletPC/ISD_DualTouch_701-8.exe

You can also do the Recovery tab options by finding the "TabletServicePen", "TabletServiceWacom" or similarly named service in services.msc

3. DBraxt

DBraxt Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you for the help. i checked everything and it seems to be just as the pictures indicate. I uninstalled the driver from the hp website, and tried the driver you recommended, but the problem persists. Could their be any other possible sollutions?

4. morys22

morys22 Pen Pal - Newbie