HP Stream 7 and Windows 8.1 with Bing

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by rockhunter, Jan 3, 2015.

1. rockhunter

rockhunter Pen Pal - Newbie

I really like the HP Stream 7 but the Windows 8.1 with Bing version of windows has a really irritating behavior on the small tablets it won't keep the size and position settings of many applications on the desktop. IE always opens full screen same with Windows Explorer and if you resize or position it the next time you open it it is back to full screen. This is the same behavior on the Streak 7, Toshiba Encore Mini or Encore 2 8 inch, Insignia 8 inch and may be the behavior of all the smaller tablets with Windows with Bing. The Toshiba Encore 2 10 inch behaves normally maintaining the window settings between launches, as did the 8 inch tablets running Windows 8.0 and 8.1 versions prior to Windows with Bing.

Can anyone suggest how to correct this on the small tablets with Windows with Bing I haven't been able to find a way to fix it yet.

2. Dave47

Dave47 Pen Pal - Newbie

Given that Win8.1 w/Bing was designed for smaller (and cheaper) screen devices, perhaps this is a "feature". With MSFT giving away Windows for smaller devices, resizing is a small price to pay IMO. YMMV

3. rockhunter

rockhunter Pen Pal - Newbie

I would have said that Windows With Bing was targeted at tablets with smaller storage and RAM if Microsoft made the error of thinking that the restoring size and position of a window wasn't significant on the 7 and 8 inch tablets then Microsoft should correct it ASAP I can't remember when a version of Windows didn't support window setting retention (Win 3.0?). Finally got a version of Windows for tablets and hardware that can compete with Android tablets for function and cost and then they lobotomize it.