HP Spectre x360 - Synaptics

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by sven.hassel, Mar 20, 2015.

1. sven.hassel

sven.hassel Pen Pal - Newbie

2. ecaedus

ecaedus Pen Pal - Newbie

probably because Synaptics pens are pretty bad in general after nearly a year out on the market. it looks like the note taking is passable, still waiting for a definitive answer on the battery life before i choose this one, the acer R13 or the TP yoga 14

3. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Not to me it doesn't. I want more performance than I've seen from this Synaptics pen. The only battery operated pens I would consider are the new Wacom AES and the Surface N-Trig, and even then, only begrudgingly.

4. yuki

yuki Scribbler - Standard Member

I actually like the N-Trigs very much - for my work the (even better than wacom emr) precision is a big +-

regarding the synaptics - i hear everyone complaining about them, never had one in use myself in the recent time, dont they improve their product at all?

5. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

It took N-Trig several years to get the the state they are now. The Synaptics pen tech is just over a year old. It may take them time to catch up.

6. jhoff80

jhoff80 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

It obviously isn't perfect, but I don't know.... for those that want a sleek and modern feeling laptop / convertible tablet to use a pen with, it might still be the best option. Obviously some of the Thinkpads have Wacom, but those are also more of a tank compared to this design.

7. ecaedus

ecaedus Pen Pal - Newbie

^True, just found out the first batch of Thinkpad Yoga 15s don't support the new Wacom AES active pen tech. some users are reporting 5 hours of battery life...so i'm gonna wait for more feedback on x360 now instead. if someone's been using it for notetaking please share the experience! can you at least write print and not loose strokes in OneNote?

8. sven.hassel

I am in the same boat, wanting a relatively light 13" convertible that supports stylus and has a good battery life. There are not many alternatives, and this one seems quite interesting.

Ideally I would prefer something with Core M, but I have not found any model that covers the other requirements.

9. ecaedus

ecaedus Pen Pal - Newbie

10. sven.hassel