HP Spectre x2 "Reading Light"

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gunter, Nov 26, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Gunter

Gunter Pen Pal - Newbie

To begin with: I am new to this forum and I have my home in Northern Germany.

Yesterday the postman rang twice and handed over a big box containing a used Spectre x2 I recently bought in the bay. It was already equipped with W10 and after a full reset the heavy machinery (imho 2 kg for a convertible IS heavy) worked very well.

Here are some details I found:
    Productnr. F1N06EA#UUW
    CPU Intel Core i5-4202Y @ 1,60GHz
    RAM 4GB
    Mainboard 2152 23.27
    SystemBIOS F.19
    SSD LITEONIT LMT-256M6M-HP
    Audio IDT High Definition Audio CODEC

Now to my question.

I noticed that when I seperate the tablet from the keyboard dock a litlle 'reading light' is switching on automatically. I am talking about the windows logo at the bottom part of the screen. When touching the logo the windows menu is popping up.

Fine.

But this little light is sooo bright it disturbes me when working at night. Is there somebody knowing the trick to switch it off?

Any help will be deeply appreciated.

2. LROBBINS

LROBBINS Scribbler - Standard Member

I am considering buying TWO HP Spectre X360 14 OLED to replace the old and nearly dead Fujitsu T902 in one case mounted on my daughter's wheelchair where she uses it via two head-operated switches or a gaze tracker to provide voice output, environmental control, and most other PC functions, and the other one for me to use for continued development of her software as well as mechanical and electronic design and programming of wheelchair control systems. I need some recommendations for accessories:

(1) Her interface devices need three USB-A connections. Does anyone have any experience with the HP USB-C to USB-A Hub?
    (2) The wheelchair-mounted unit has to be powered from the 24V wheelchair batteries. Does anyone know of a air/auto power supply compatible with the USB-C charging port? (For older HP and for the T902s, HP and Fujitsu branded DC input power packs were available, but I've not seen them for the X360.)
    (3) Our T902s have Samsung evo 256G SSDs internally and 500G hard disks in the add-on bay for backups. I will need external drives (in this day and age SSD) for the new machines. Any recommendations of external SSD units? 500G would be quit sufficient.

Thanks for your help,
    Lenny Robbins

P.S. I live near Siena, Italy and although I normally have no trouble buying in the U.S., given Covid travel restrictions I will probably have to buy this stuff here.

3. LROBBINS

LROBBINS Scribbler - Standard Member

minor addition:

the 24V DC power pack, or the tablet itself, also has to supply 15 to 20 V for the gaze tracker