HP Spectre x2 (2017): 12.3" 3000x2000, Kaby-Lake-U+Iris Plus

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by kvoram, May 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJackson.LASD

CJackson.LASD Pen Pal - Newbie

I hope the reviews start coming out.

2. Downwind

Downwind Pen Pal - Newbie

Not as good as I hoped. I'm guessing I'm getting 6 or 7 hours. I was hoping for more like 8 to 9. I've only had it a week so I'm hoping it improves a little as the software figures out my routine.

I use it outside a lot so I keep the screen at it's brightest setting.

3. CJackson.LASD

4. Cbb777

Cbb777 Pen Pal - Newbie

5. TonyLaw17

TonyLaw17 Pen Pal - Newbie

The date of that posting was before the 2017 x2 was even released. So, doubtful that it's the right model. As far as my experience with the 2017 x2, I've had no issues with the pen. Although, I'm not crazy about how it feels, so I use the new Bamboo Ink stylus, which works great. Plus, it has a Bluetooth clicker so you can set it to launch applications.

I have to say, all in all the 2017 HP Spectre x2 is far and away a better value than the new Surface Pro. It's not even a contest compared to my Surface Pro 4. I haven't played around with the new Surface Pro, but comparing the x2 to my Surface Pro 4 (i7, 512gb ssd, 16gb ram), the x2 beats it in every category except touchpad. Not that the HP touchpad is bad, it's just not as precise as MSFT's precision touchpad. But the keyboard and typing experience is superior on the x2. Feels sturdier and deeper key travel (1.5mm compared to Surface's 1.3mm).

All in all, HP really hit a homerun with this HP Spectre x2.

kvoram likes this.
  6. cinquento

cinquento Pen Pal - Newbie

thanks for the feedback. sounds very promising, but my only concern is the battery life. how's your experience with that?

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  7. Downwind

Downwind Pen Pal - Newbie

One of those posts is mine. I definitely have the new X2. BB sold them before the release date for reasons that elude me. Can you assign functions to your pen buttons? I can't. The pen works fine otherwise. But we're supposed to be able to customize the little buttons.

Otherwise, I agree with your assessment about the X2. I gave the new Surface Pro a workout but like the X2 much better.

8. Kinstar

Kinstar Pen Pal - Newbie

Any one have numbers for the color gamut of the screen for sRGB/NTSC/Adobe? Also what is the max brightness in nits? Thank you!

9. Osiris

Osiris Scribbler - Standard Member

Grabbed the i5 model yesterday to take for a spin. Tend to agree that HP have done well with this device and specwise certainly value compared to the new SP.

Whilst still too early to pass judgement - as I should do some more cycles and tweaking - battery life is looking like it's downfall...especially since it's struggling to outlast a 3 year old SP3.

10. CJackson.LASD

I'm suppose to pick up mine tomorrow, best buy model i7, I'll report and benchmark when it arrives.